Kivan gave me his spear

I didn't need Kivan for this go around of BG2, so I told him to head for Shilmista and I'd catch up if I needed him. I start selling loot at the merchant north of the circus tent and I notice I have Kivan's spear of entanglement.

Why do I have it? :(

There is no script associated with join/leave dialogues. As for the item itself, I did not create it (TGM was kind enough to make it for me), so I will run it through IEEP/NI to see if there is anything like that in the item checks, but I am not really much on item making.

This is slightly off topic but I'm playing Tutu and Kivan was gifted the spear from Thalantyr. I noticed that when I told him to leave the party, he took everything he had on him (including inventory) *except* the spear. I got that in my inventory, much like the Flail of Ages, gem bags, etc. Oh, and yes, he had it equipped.

:) I honestly have no idea what makes an item non-transferrable. I opened it up in NI, and it has the following flags: Unsellable, 2-handed, droppable, displayable, not copyable and magical. I assume that one of these is the culprit, but I am not sure which one.

For Kivan's Spear in Tutu, I have it on the list to modify tonight - I will make sure it gets into Beta4 (and will review all of the BG1 NPC items for "unsellable"). If I change the fla, Domi, do I need to assign a price to it?

Having certain items be unsellable is to me a good thing - however the unsellable flag resulting in them being treated like quest items = bad. In unmodded Tutu non-magical slings and staves are unsellable, yet they are not treated like quest items - possibly because their value is set to 0 gp? If that is the case, perhaps removing the unsellable flags and changing the value to 0 will be an acceptable solution?

Archived