[fixed] Parsing errors when combined with BG2fixpack

sturmvogel

I got this odd error when loading the tweakpack after installing the b2 of the BG2 fixpack:

[BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2]  ERROR at line 570 column 1-5
Near Text: GROUP
	Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

Haven't tried to play yet as I'm building a new game from scratch.

Are you using a version of WeiDU older than v192? It's not recognizing GROUP, a tp2 action that's been in WeiDU since then.

edit: duh, just saw your post in the Fixpack forums. Well, this is a conundrum--WeiDU 188 doesn't support the syntax used in Tweaks, only versions of v192 and newer. You could try doing a search-and-replace and change GROUP to //GROUP in the tp2. GROUP is only organizational; it's what gives the nice top-level install options. I can't remember offhand if there is other syntax that requires versions later than 188 or not. :(

FORCED_SUBCOMPONENT, SUBCOMPONENT, INCLUDE... I am pretty sure those all were repaired or set up in v195.

In other words, the Mac version of BG1NPC needs a separate tp2 with a different structure for install :( I'd better get my brain going on that quick, since I was going to try to make the mac side less "send it to Cam, he'll do it"...

FORCED_SUBCOMPONENT, SUBCOMPONENT, INCLUDE... I am pretty sure those all were repaired or set up in v195.

In other words, the Mac version of BG1NPC needs a separate tp2 with a different structure for install :( I'd better get my brain going on that quick, since I was going to try to make the mac side less "send it to Cam, he'll do it"...

If I'm understanding the thread in the Fixpack forum, WeiDU v195 would be dandy if it had been compiled in a slightly different fashion, but it seems we need the bigg back from his hiatus to see it happen.

Well, as long as they're not fatal errors between mods I don't really care, I just thought it was worth reporting to y'all. I can send the debug files of the other mods if anyone needs them.

At the moment, I don't think so. If you're having Fixpack issues installing, you may also try commenting out the GROUP statements there as well--the Optional But Cool components all use GROUP so that folks can batch-skip them.

Archived