Error installing the Tempus kit for Branwen

Guest Dallan Invictus

Guest Dallan Invictus

I have BG1Tutu (using the EasyTutu installer from PPG, so it's installed to a separate directory from my main BG2 install), and I'm using WeiDU 195 to install the Divine Remix on it. If it makes a difference, I also have the Degreenifier, the PPG Tutu Fixpack, the BG1 NPC Project, Finch, Indira, and Sirine's Call installed.

In any case, when I tried to install the Battleguard of Tempus Kit for Branwen, it returns the following error:

[./override/BRANWE.CRE] loaded, 1568 bytes

ERROR: [bRANWE.CRE] -> [override/BRANWE.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Stopping installation because of error.

Even though, checking my override directory, the file is there? Is there any other location I should be checking for this file, or some fix I should make?

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest Dallan Invictus
That's... incredibly odd. branwe.cre is a creature file that's even in bogstandard BG2. It's not even copied explicitly; it's being found by a regexp search. There may be keyfile funk going on here.

Possibly. Especially since it worked without a hitch when I modded my BG2 install (this was after I installed EasyTutu). And since installing Viconia's kit in the Tutu install worked fine. And since, looking at the error message, it's finding it in Override, loading it, and then crashing with a Not Found erorr during the patching process (huh?).

That portion of the TP2 file is a bit daunting for me, to be honest, but anything I can provide to help sort this out will be done. I'm not playing BG1 until Unfinished Business gets a Tutu version anyway, so I'm not in any crashing hurry.

-D.

I'm playing DR with BGT and got the same error detailed above:

[./override/BRANWE.CRE] loaded, 1568 bytes

ERROR: [bRANWE.CRE] -> [override/BRANWE.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Stopping installation because of error.

Sadly i have currently biffed my install so i can't come back and return to the previous point of my modded game installation without having to recover a massive backup and re-do a +1 hour boring repackage so am not willing to repeat weidu setup-divineremix.exe execution to try to solve the issue.

In fact, i have tried to manually introduce the Tempus kit through NI and surprisingly have found that i can't do this nor even by this method. NI simply doens't give you the option to choose A#Temp (or A#Tempus, don't remember) for Branw.cre.

It's seems very odd to me since in NI the kit IS otherwise available even for a non-clerical lawful good party NPC character, so... can you tell me guys.. what the heck have you done with the God of War followers requisites?? 0_0

Any easy-to-go workaround to temporarily counter this unexpected and weird behaviour for the Tempus girly would be welcome. :]

Tempus is the unique kit that can be assigned logically into Branwen personality and most important thing, into her Bio background and its related dialogues, so i pray for a quick and dirt solution here . (Come on, i cannot play she as a regular cleric anymore =P)

Convert Viconia into Shar slavery, i mean, into Shar adeption, proceed without further incidences, thought.

If you've biffed your install and tried manually adding stuff, there's all manner of things which can go wrong. :p Tempus' restrictions are based on pnp: certainly no LG characters here...

I'd suggest reinstalling and not biffing the install, so if you have the problem again we can better try to fix it. A new mod version will be out in around a month, so you might have better luck with that. In the meantime I'd ask the BGT people if they perhaps do something odd with that .CRE?

I didn't add nothing weird manually and anyway i always use backups of each file i modify so i hardly fubar my game.

Furthermore, i found a valid workaround to solve Brawnen issue by myself. NI doesn't offer the Tempus kit like an GUI *visible* option, but you can simply substitute the NO_KIT field hexadecimal value by the Tempus one and voila!, then you can recruit the modified Brawnen .cre without more headaches. (i tested it)

Archived