My First Mod!

WizWom

Hey, WizWom, sorry to play through, but I see you are using

Global("WxJonPlaced","MYAREA",0)

I have never tried that - is it a shortcut for

Global("WxJonPlaced","FW3351",0)

, perhaps one that allows your dude to be installed on both Tutu and BGT by inserting the variable as whatever area resource name is active when the script runs?

I ask because I am looking for ways of simplifying code so no-one has to rebuild each of the area references...

Hey, WizWom, sorry to play through, but I see you are using

Global("WxJonPlaced","MYAREA",0)

I have never tried that - is it a shortcut for

Global("WxJonPlaced","FW3351",0)

, perhaps one that allows your dude to be installed on both Tutu and BGT by inserting the variable as whatever area resource name is active when the script runs?

Right - it uses the current area the script's object is in - if it's an area script, it will use that; if it's a dialog, then whereever it is that area gets it. Quite a nice little thing.

OK, I corrected the Errors in the CRE files... it seems that the game crashes if you have an extra memorized spell not assigned to a spell level.

I also updated the WxMATF script a bit, to make is slightly cleaner (taking out some references to thigns we won't see in BGTutu) and to use healing potions. Reordered some things, hopefully making his combat smarter (like hitting enemy mages with an acid arrow or magic missile to disrupt their casting).

Right - it uses the current area the script's object is in - if it's an area script, it will use that; if it's a dialog, then whereever it is that area gets it. Quite a nice little thing.

Way cool - this is a nice way around some of the renaming of area scripts! From your example and description it looks like you can append the block to both _AR3351 and to the BGT equivalent with ACTION_IF, but don't have to change all of the calls within the blocks to the alternate resource names.

Way cool - this is a nice way around some of the renaming of area scripts! From your example and description it looks like you can append the block to both _AR3351 and to the BGT equivalent with ACTION_IF, but don't have to change all of the calls within the blocks to the alternate resource names.

Well, yeah. but if I don't want my NPC to come with nothing but his special bracers, I'm going to have to redo all the items, since Tutu did that stupid prepended '_'

some givey, some takey, I guess.

Archived