Tutu/EasyTutu compatible?

Guest The Arcanamach

Guest The Arcanamach

Is this mod a compatible replacement to installing Baldurdash et. al. before Tutu/EasyTutu or should I stick with Baldurdash. Thanks!

It should be, but I think I want to hear from Macready first w.r.t. EasyTutu. He's been outstanding at tracking down and eliminating bugs for EasyTutu and we could run into a situation like the UB/Fixpack conflict. We were actually causing bugs by trying to fix the same issue twice. :p

Just to be clear, EasyTutu is pre-Baldurdashed. You can Baldurdash or Not Baldurdash your BG1 game; it makes no difference to EasyTutu, as it copies BG1 resources and then unpacks a pre-made override folder with all of the fixes. You can Baldurdash BG2, as well, and EasyTutu will ignore it - since Baldurdash works by adding files to the override, and EasyTutu uses the regular non-overridden source material to copy (just the "engine", I think). The big question is does Macready expect a non-patched install of BG2 when EasyTutu does its conversion; that one has to wait for the man himself to weigh in :p He has definitely stated that he will be adding the fixes fond in this mod to EasyTutu at a later date.

Hello -

I am fairly certain that attempting to apply the G3 BG2 fixpack to an EasyTutu installation will not go well. Applying it to your BG2 installation prior to EasyTutu installation should be perfectly OK. However, doing so will not result in a "fixpacked" EasyTutu. EasyTutu itself will only include fixpack fixes once I take steps to include them, which I plan to do sometime after the fixpack leaves beta. At that time, I will probably begin pestering Cam to help me identify non-obvious (to me, anyway) patches that should be migrated over (e.g., kit bugfixes and what have you).

Archived