NEED HELP (REINSTALLATION PROBLEMS)

Guest HunterofBadThings

Guest HunterofBadThings

I've recently had to relocate my installation of SOA/TOB to another computer. However I've realized that moving mods is not as easy as moving save games. Unfortunately I had to start a whole new installation. However, with the current save game's Kivan is in my party. Can I re-download the mod KIVAN, install it, and use the same Kivan thats in my party in the old save games? Will there be any conflicts?

Guest Guest_Storm_*
It should work, provided you install mods in the same order on the new computer.

Does order matter with Weidu? Sometimes I remove older mods and reinstall them to fix something, never had any real issues.

Getting the order identical is not 100% crucial, though if the order is different you may experience minor annoyances such as garbled journal entry strings. It is also possible for custom kits to get mixed up if the order they were installed in changes, though that only relies on the order of kit mods.

You might also see the soundsets/character's name replaced by unrelated strings. In Kivan's case you can fix it in the game, by initiating a talk with him and selecting "Kivan, you sound strange" option, that will fix both name and sounds.

Archived