Amber Dialog Lockup

Guest Kenzeitak

Guest Kenzeitak

Hi, it might just be a variable being off but i recently picked up Amber and fetched her bracers.

After that i asked her how she feels and the "continue" disappears resulting in a lockup only escapeable using ALT+F4.

If you need any more information on the bug post here again, ill check back soon!

amberbugzr4.jpg

Regards, Kenzeitak

www.kenzeitak.inc.se

Hi, it might just be a variable being off but i recently picked up Amber and fetched her bracers.

After that i asked her how she feels and the "continue" disappears resulting in a lockup only escapeable using ALT+F4.

If you need any more information on the bug post here again, ill check back soon!

Regards, Kenzeitak

www.kenzeitak.inc.se

I may have an idea on what might be causing this. Could you please check the value of the M#AmberLike local variable. You can do this by placing the mouse cursor on Amber's portrait and typing the following command to the CLUA Console (supposing that you have it activated; if not, you can find instructions for doing so at http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/clua/bg2.htm)

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("M#AmberLike","Locals")

M#AmberLike=111

What is it supposed to be right after i fetch the bracelets and havnt really talked to her yet? Shouldnt be much if i compare with the other NPCs.

If anyone knows which variables to change i would be grateful, i know how to use the CLUAConsole commands and ShadowKeeper so dont mind explaining that to me.

Regards

M#AmberLike=111

What is it supposed to be right after i fetch the bracelets and havnt really talked to her yet? Shouldnt be much if i compare with the other NPCs.

If anyone knows which variables to change i would be grateful, i know how to use the CLUAConsole commands and ShadowKeeper so dont mind explaining that to me.

Regards

It's not really "supposed" to be anything, since it just measures how much Amber likes you. None of the Bioware NPCs (or any mod NPC we know of) have it, so it really cannot be compared to anything. But a value of 111 means that she's pretty happy. The unfortunate news is, that I just looked through the code for the "What's up" click talk (that we introduced in v2), and it looks like we made a plain old mistake in the code (which comes up only if Amber likes you well enough, ironically). But the good news is, that it's very easy to fix, and we'll probably have to put out a version 2.1 pretty soon (during this weekend I hope, if no other bugs turn up).

Meanwhile you can fix it yourself by uninstalling Amber (remember to first uninstall any mods that you installed after Amber, the latest first), and editing the m#amber.d file that is found in the amber\dialogs subfolder. Go to line 19129 of the file, which now reads

IF ~GlobalGT("M#AmberLike","Locals",109)~ THEN REPLY ~~ GOTO WhatsUpGood

and remove the REPLY ~~ part, so that it looks like

IF ~GlobalGT("M#AmberLike","Locals",109)~ THEN GOTO WhatsUpGood

Save the file and install Amber again (and all the mods you had installed after her, in the same order that you had originally installed them). The bug should now be gone.

We are very sorry for letting this kind of an elementary mistake slip past our attention. I know we should have tested it more thoroughly...

Archived