Sharteel Relationship stops

SirLancelot

yep again - we don't seem to have a clear answer on this, as per our other conversation, since Ajantis doesn't use any window at all; just to be safe, though, I am going back through and setting all of these timer windows to 5 seconds.

Ajantis doesn't have any timer at all, but you are forgetting how long it takes to read some of his dialog. Globals do not take effect until the text block hits END or EXIT. If it takes longer than 5 seconds to read, that is how long it's going to take to close the variable.

I read much more slowly than average, but it took me longer than 5 seconds to read the 3 sentences I just wrote.

Guest Guest

Not to engage in thread necromancy, but the first post of this thread was the only one I could find about the same issue. It outlines the exact problem I'm having with the Shar-Teel romance - except that in my case, the timer has clearly stopped advancing. When I type CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("X#SharInterestTime","GLOBAL") I keep getting the same numbers, no matter how much time has passed.

Oddly, though, I've checked my WeiDU log and see nothing to suggest a problem; however, I decided to try to reinstall anyway. Even more oddly, when I tried to open Setup-BG1NPC, it wouldn't let me (or more precisely, it opens the window for a fraction of a second and then closes it again). I then reinstalled BG1NPC entirely, but had the same problem, so I re-downloaded and tried again. Success! At least, at opening Setup-BG1NPC... so I reset her timer to 15 minutes to make up for "lost time", at least for the first ten or so LTs. But when I reopened Tutu and checked again, I found that the exact same problem was occurring, with the timer stuck at 547643. Any ideas?

To clarify, I meet all of the requirements - am playing NE Bard Half-Elf PC with a Reputation of 6, 18 Str, and 17 Cha. X#SharInterest=1. She has also been "flirting" with me (I put it in quotes because mostly it's consisted of her glaring at me and whatnot. :( ), I think 11 or 12 times when I last checked.

Guest Guest
Try doing

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#SharInterestTime","GLOBAL",1)

Oops, forgot to mention that I had tried that. No go - it just stays at 1 even after I rest (and whether or not the rest is successful).

Though I just figured out by chance that if I have a Bloodstone Ring in my inventory, the conversation about it will fire when I rest if SharInterestTime is set to 1. Through trial and error to try to figure out why this helped I also found that if I set SharInterestTalk to 2 and SharInterestTime to 1 and I have a Bloodstone Ring in my inventory when I rest, the second LT will fire before I rest and the Bloodstone Ring LT will fire after I rest. But afterwards, the timer is frozen again and setting it to 1 (or 5 or 10) never triggers the next LT. No LTs fire if I don't have a Bloodstone Ring. I don't know how that could possibly make a difference, unless the Bloodstone Ring dialog operates independently of the timer (which would make sense, come to think of it).

Incidentally, I also played the Branwen romance a while back on the same game and don't recall having any timer problems, though it was a long while back so I'm not sure. The only mod I've installed since then according to my WeiDU log is some parts of Sword Coast Stratagems, but IIRC that was after the Shar-Teel romance started stalling.

If you are playing the older version of the mod, you might be experiencing the problem that caused the recoding iirc, where overloaded scripts did not advance the globals and timers. You'll need someone like Cmorgan or Kulyok or Berelinde to comment on that :(

Guest Guest
If you are playing the older version of the mod, you might be experiencing the problem that caused the recoding iirc, where overloaded scripts did not advance the globals and timers. You'll need someone like Cmorgan or Kulyok or Berelinde to comment on that :(

Hmm... well, I re-downloaded it from this site earlier today to reinstall the required components of BG1NPC, Shar-Teel's romance, and the timers for it, and believe I had v12 before that (I remember being offered a choice between 15-, 30-, 45-, 60-, and 90-minute timers when I first installed, which was implied earlier in the thread to be unique to v12). I have a vague recollection of reading on the Bioware forums that uninstallation/reinstallation of Tutu and/or Tutu mods (like I said, vague) can lead to bugginess, so I'll try to play around with it outside the game rather than through the console and hope that one of them sees this thread in the meantime. Thanks for your help thus far, BTW. ;)

If you register, I could PM you the link to the latest internal beta. I know romances are working fine there.

Also, it might be that your romance is already "done". Check your romance guide in Documentation section - which was your last lovetalk?

Also, it might be that your romance is already "done". Check your romance guide in Documentation section - which was your last lovetalk?

Without the Bloodstone Ring "trick" I described above, the only LT that occurs is LT0 ("I would never have joined a group led by a male..."). With the trick, LT1 occurs before rest ("What are you putting your bedroll next to mine for?") and LT24 after rest ("*Shar-Teel is sorting lazily..."). I only learned the trick once I started trying to figure out why the second LT never fired and the savegame I'm working with is prior to any testing, so the firing of LT24 shouldn't have anything to do with the problem.

I uninstalled all of my mods today and reinstalled on a fresh Tutu, figuring I could use this as a chance to install some of the newer mods I'd never gotten around to previously due to load order issues and laziness, but the problem still occurred. To be sure it wasn't just my savegame, I set the timer to 15 minutes and started a test character (Grr the half-orc barbarian :(). Interestingly, SharInterestTime never decreased even before LT0 fired but LT0 was still working just fine (i.e. it didn't occur if I rested immediately after getting Shar-Teel but did when I came back a while later and tried it); LT1, however, still never fired upon subsequent rests, even after as much as an hour of real-time. I'm pretty sure I selected the right dialog options, as a)SharInterest, SharMatch, and SharInterestTalk are all set to 1 - I've tried messing with SharInterestTalk, just in case, but it doesn't help - b)Shar-Teel still flirts with my PC, suggesting the romance is still active but merely stalled, and c)the Bloodstone Ring trick still works, further supporting that the romance is active. Therefore...

If you register, I could PM you the link to the latest internal beta. I know romances are working fine there.

If you could do this, I would be much obliged - I'm all out of ideas, myself. ;)

SharInterestTime never decreased

It won't. The timer does not really 'tick' for you to see the decrease :( But I think it's one of the old bugs where the timer did not get re-set is getting you. Well, hopefully the new version sets it right.

Archived