Sharteel Relationship stops

SirLancelot

Yep - the timer itself is a single value, that doesn't change or count down - instead, the game "catches up" to the timer value and when it passes it you have arrived (think of it kind of like throwing a ball out into a field then walking up to it, then throwing it again, etc.)

When Kulyok rebuilt all of the romances to match the single-variable-triggered/timer-set-in-dialogue code, she revisited everything extremely carefully, so it is almost certain everything was fixed (very comprehensive review). We definitely could use a playtest of the whole Shar-Teel thing, though :(

D'oh! So I ended up examining the code in X#SHROM and X#SHROMD after installing the Beta and still having problems (I hadn't thought to do so before because I only know a little bit about coding) and doing a find for Global("X#SharInterestTalk","GLOBAL",1). The solution turned out to be extremely simple; it all came down to two lines:

HPPercentGT(Player1,95)

HPPercentGT("sharteel",95)

Even though I was testing and retesting and messing with the globals and whatnot, it never even once occurred to me to heal my characters! :(;) (I normally don't rest any more than once per 24 hours, like to have my priests practice "preventive healing" by memorizing offensive/defensive instead of healing spells, and go through healing potions more quickly than BG replenishes them, so my high-HP characters tend to reach full HP only rarely.)

My thanks to all who offered help - it's quite nice to see continued support for a mod, especially so long after its initial release.

{Edited to add: I haven't actually tested any further yet, but LT1 is finally firing on rest, so I'm betting that that was the problem and it should be smooth-sailing from here on.}

Archived