Ajantis requirements for romance?

Minarvia

Does Plasmocat's recent BG1-portraits-in-BG2-style pack allow for a choice of which ones to install? My guess is no, so I haven't installed it. Perhaps combining it with the other BG1 Portrait Pack...

No -- berelinde and Gorilym are absolutely on target. All or nothing :). Actually it does allow you to choose between 2 new versions of Xzar and 2 new versions of Imoen, but I kinda convinced Plasmocat that folks were more likely to want the whole package instead of just a few updated here & there, since (as both previous posts pointed out) anyone can simply open up the mods SRC foilder, change the filenames, and put them in override manually, or run another Mod over the top... I figured few people wanted more of the

i n q

i n q

i n q

i n q

i n q

WeiDU sequence. If I was wrong about that, blame goes to me not her. I took the simplest road!

I just change the portraits I don't want with SK because I have tons already for my BGII games.

Gosh, Berelinde, thanks!!! :) You did such a great and long explanation for me. I really appreciate it (and so will others until it is made easier per the explanations above). I think that will work! Maybe I'll just start a new game and try it out. I have a thought - that maybe Sword Coast Strategems could just move Coran? That would be easiest, in my opinion. Just put him in one of those forest areas like they put Viconia and Eldoth in and then all this might not be such a problem after all. They move everyone else (almost) but the Coran fans still have to wait until practically the last moment to get him. That way you can get all 3 guys pretty early on and you won't have to have the angst of who to drop and who to recruit to keep a full party so you're not just Kobold Commando, Wyvern, and Black Talon fodder.

I'd guess the problem with moving Coran is that he has a quest timer (one of very few in BG1 IIRC) to make sure you don't take too long to hunt the Cloakwood wyverns... If he's moved out of the Cloakwood areas that timer would need to be adjusted, or even removed. There aren't really any considerations like that to be made with the other NPCs, except Yeslick and IMHO Alora. (there's a reason she's in the Hall of Wonders... to help you steal the telescope! :) )

Also, I hardly consider the first area of the Cloakwood to be at "the last minute".... You can always postpone all those wilderness areas until the way to the Cloakwood is cleared in the Bandit Camp main tent.

Yep, that is exactly right with Coran - his quest is timed, and you can get him really quickly if you don't do anything but Nashkel and Bandit Camp.

Good points you all have. Maybe it is just my fear that my levels aren't high enough for the Cloakwood areas. I never claimed to be a smart player! :) I suppose it may just be doable after all for me to get Coran earlier than I have previously thought. T'is a new thought that deserves exploration!

Good ideas, and it brings up a point - we are setting up an Open Cloakwood Early tweak, just to be able to access Coran and Faldorn earlier. Do we need to set up any changes besides timers to avoid clobbering anything else?

This is Coran's script for his wyvern quest warnings. As you can see, Coran will not get upset about his wyvern quest if there is an active romance.

IF

OR(2)

!Global("CoranMatch","GLOBAL",1)

Global("CoranRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)

GlobalTimerExpired("coran","GLOBAL")

InParty(Myself)

!Dead("wyvern")

Global("X#CoranWyvernWarning1","LOCALS",0)

Global("CoranWyvern","GLOBAL",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("X#CoranWyvernWarning1","LOCALS",1)

ActionOverride("coran",Dialogue([PC]))

END

IF

OR(2)

!Global("CoranMatch","GLOBAL",1)

Global("CoranRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)

GlobalTimerExpired("coran","GLOBAL")

InParty(Myself)

!Dead("wyvern")

Global("X#CoranWyvernWarning2","LOCALS",0)

Global("CoranWyvern","GLOBAL",1)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("X#CoranWyvernWarning2","LOCALS",1)

ActionOverride("coran",Dialogue([PC]))

END

Well, I like the guy and all, but I ain't about to romance him :) Perhaps we need to add in a global about chapters as well, so that Coran only starts bugging folks about the Wyverns after he is supposed to in-game.

I don't relish the thought of my low-level party roleplaying their way into tackling Cloakwood first.

No, iirc Eldoth's quest is thankfully not timered. His 'walking to non-existent Silvershield Estate' was some sort of an off occurence triggered by the improper weighting. His quest triggers at the entry to the map with the Silvershield Estate.

Eldoth was a case where an area check was being added to the state where he points to the Silvershield Estate *only* if Eldoth was moved. If Eldoth was not moved, that trigger area check was never added, so initiating PID would always make him go there.

Now, I believe it's been added to as part of a regular install, whether he is moved or not.

In other words, it's fixed.

Archived