keeping Yoshimo

Lemernis

By the way, it's not that hard to avoid the loss of Yoshimo on the MoveToExpansion() action. Since this is only a strcmp in the bgmain.exe, you get away with simply changing the name there.

That's great news. Because we have already seen that Yoshi survives via the buttplug variable. If he can simply be moved to ToB, then no need to spawn a copy of him. And hopefully the game then recognizes the character and his .cre file in the party there causes no bugs.

Gotta say, this would be awesome.

I always did like Yoshimo. There aren't that many light-hearted folks in the BG Saga apart from Coran, Alora, Imoen, Garrick and Minsc. Three of those aren't even joinable in BG 2! Haer kind of counts, but he's morbidly cheerful, not silly like them.

The global that saves his life amuses me far more than it really should.

Well, it is moving forward, but slowly. Both Lemernis and I are extremely busy and I have a backlog of things to do. (like that flipping documentation, Miloch :laugh:)

So, taking place mostly in PMs, we have a framework to build on. :)

Icen

Ok, as for a changlog, here we go!

We have one dialogue ready to be sent and coded, a system to keep Yoshimo and the frame of the mod. :)

The buttplug variable is to be set at the very start of the game.

Also, does anyone know a good system of tranferring the non linear format of a .D dialogue when the writer doesn't know .D?

Icen

Might I suggest the PC refrain from calling him Yoshi? Renal Bloodscalp called him that and Yoshimo said something like "Such a pet name is usually reserved for... Well... Let's just say we're not that close."

We'll take this at face value. But I always wondered if Yoshimo said that to Renal glibly, and mainly because he doesn't like him. I.e., it may just be a taunt at Renal. I'm curious now whether in the Bioware dialgoues for the PC, does the PC ever refer to Yoshimo as "Yoshi"? Or do any of the NPCs?

What I mean Miloch, is that Lemernis is writing the dialogue, and I am coding it. He has no idea how to code in .D. And can't learn it fast either.

Now, he has sent me dialogues with a sort of playscript format, linear, one response. Sure, you can code that, but it isn't exactly what is needed for BG2.

He understands the block format of it, just he finds it harder to keep the dialogue going if it is in blocks.

Currently we have a sort of index image, which is like a map of the dialogue tree. We then have, in a seperate file, blocked text with a description of actions.

Icen

What I mean Miloch, is that Lemernis is writing the dialogue, and I am coding it. He has no idea how to code in .D. And can't learn it fast either.
It sounds to me like the solution is for him to learn the .D format, and fast :).

Heh. If the goal is to write in a non-linear fashion, I think there's advice for that in the various NPC tutorials scattered around the fora.

Archived