v12b Dynaheir endgame (spoilers)

Gorilym

Having just finished a run of TuTu with v12b, I'd like to share some notes about the Dynaheir-related additions to the endgame.

First, there's the encounter with Winski Perorate at the end of the Thief Maze. The meeting itself proceeds smoothly, (though with a few typos - "...to find Bhaalspawn Sarevok...", "...Sarevok's Anchev's war...", "...how fare is it...") but the battle that ensues is to put it bluntly ridiculous. The demon that appeared (shouldn't it be gated?) was apparently immune to +3 weapons and below, meaning that I could not harm it in melee, so it took more than a dozen magic missiles from Dynaheir to bring it down. (thank heaven for dual rings of wizardry!) Toning the fiend down to ca. the level of the demon knight in Durlag's Tower would be sensible. Additionally, after killing the demon, talking to Winski simply starts his "non-Dynaheir" dialogue, with no reference given to the previous talk / events - which doesn't seem right. After summoning such an annoying demon he should at least have the courtesy to die. (the summoning draining the last of his strength or similar)

As for the post-Sarevok's death additions, it seems to me that they're not working properly. After Sarevok dies, the final-save takes place as usual, (though with an odd floating text string above Player1's head, something like "this mod should be installed in the Tutu, EasyTutu or BG2 folder") after which the party is transported to the scene of Gorion's death where Irenicus, Bodhi (named Arel here for some reason?) and their various cronies are hanging out. After a short exchange, Irenicus kills Dynaheir (but not perma-death...) and then - nothing happens. At all. I was free to pick up Dynaheir's belongings, head off to the FAI and have her raised. I went back to the last pre-Sarevok save to see if this was just a fluke, killed Sarevok again - without anything happening differently. This time I tried force-attacking the ambushers, and although I managed to kill five or six of them, Tanova and Bodhi were immune to the best of my weaponry, and Irenicus himself was plain immune to everything. In fact he was so immune he didn't even go red when I tried attacking him. OK, enough of my ranting - what exactly is SUPPOSED to happen after Dynaheir is killed?

Having just finished a run of TuTu with v12b, I'd like to share some notes about the Dynaheir-related additions to the endgame.

Thank you!

First, there's the encounter with Winski Perorate at the end of the Thief Maze. The meeting itself proceeds smoothly, (though with a few typos - "...to find Bhaalspawn Sarevok...", "...Sarevok's Anchev's war...", "...how fare is it...") but the battle that ensues is to put it bluntly ridiculous. The demon that appeared (shouldn't it be gated?) was apparently immune to +3 weapons and below, meaning that I could not harm it in melee, so it took more than a dozen magic missiles from Dynaheir to bring it down. (thank heaven for dual rings of wizardry!) Toning the fiend down to ca. the level of the demon knight in Durlag's Tower would be sensible.
Damn... that is definitely my fault. I used the real demon .cre, then got sidetracked and did not change the creature for the Beta release to something more appropriate. If you have a suggestion for an existing creature in BG1/BG2 (not ToB) to use, i would appreciate it; the intent was not to create an uber-battle, but a slight challenge.

Additionally, after killing the demon, talking to Winski simply starts his "non-Dynaheir" dialogue, with no reference given to the previous talk / events - which doesn't seem right. After summoning such an annoying demon he should at least have the courtesy to die. (the summoning draining the last of his strength or similar)
Conscious choice, as we didn't know if this would work (and if dynaheir is not in the party it will not trigger. I think you are right. I will rewrite the encounter to supplant the existing dialogue rather than tacking it on the front; I will try to do that this evening.

As for the post-Sarevok's death additions, it seems to me that they're not working properly. After Sarevok dies, the final-save takes place as usual, (though with an odd floating text string above Player1's head, something like "this mod should be installed in the Tutu, EasyTutu or BG2 folder") after which the party is transported to the scene of Gorion's death where Irenicus, Bodhi (named Arel here for some reason?) and their various cronies are hanging out. After a short exchange, Irenicus kills Dynaheir (but not perma-death...) and then - nothing happens. At all. I was free to pick up Dynaheir's belongings, head off to the FAI and have her raised. I went back to the last pre-Sarevok save to see if this was just a fluke, killed Sarevok again - without anything happening differently. This time I tried force-attacking the ambushers, and although I managed to kill five or six of them, Tanova and Bodhi were immune to the best of my weaponry, and Irenicus himself was plain immune to everything. In fact he was so immune he didn't even go red when I tried attacking him. OK, enough of my ranting - what exactly is SUPPOSED to happen after Dynaheir is killed?
They are definitely *not* working :hm:. This is an area where I am still strugging; I even drafted Domi and Macready for some ideas. I will revisit one more time, but I think this may have to be removed until we can get something that works. The original code failed 50% or so of the reported times; the new code fails 100% because of DVs again.

You are supposed to have a cutscene where Dynaheir sacrifices herself for you and you are spirited away. You are not supposed to be able to attack your attackers, or anything like that - they show up, gloat a little, Dy saves your life/gives her life for you, you are spirited away, and the end credits and end save roll you out of Tutu ready for BG2.

Thank you for reporting! BTW, your work testing the other stuff I sent you has allowed us to wrap it up -- look for the new stuff soon :blush:

Damn... that is definitely my fault. I used the real demon .cre, then got sidetracked and did not change the creature for the Beta release to something more appropriate. If you have a suggestion for an existing creature in BG1/BG2 (not ToB) to use, i would appreciate it; the intent was not to create an uber-battle, but a slight challenge.

Hmm... If presenting a suitable challenge is the most important factor, you could go with a nabassu - (demnabsu.cre or demnab01 / 02, gated by lvl 7 spell 'Cacofiend' - the pit fiend which you currently use is gated by lvl 9 spell 'Gate') they have some nasty spells that the pit fiend doesn't but are less adept at melee fighting and more importantly have lesser weapon immunities. However a nabassu is of course a tanar'ri and not a baatezu, so they wouldn't fit with the current dialogue. The easiest solution would probably be to nerf the current .cre slightly, maybe giving it 3 attacks per round instead of 5 and a slightly higher thac0 - and most importantly lowering its weapon immunity. IIRC the key item is a "ring" named IMMUN3.ITM or similar - you could most likely simply replace it with an equivalent ring of a suitable demon. (like say a nabassu, have a look at those .cre files mentioned above) To justify this nerfing you could call the resulting creature a 'lesser pit fiend'. :D

Conscious choice, as we didn't know if this would work (and if dynaheir is not in the party it will not trigger. I think you are right. I will rewrite the encounter to supplant the existing dialogue rather than tacking it on the front; I will try to do that this evening.

Cool, if you do go with the summoning-drains-Winskis-last-strength idea it would be a nice touch if he had some kind of Rashemaar artifact on him - though I realize it might be too late for that kind of addition.

They are definitely *not* working ;). This is an area where I am still strugging; I even drafted Domi and Macready for some ideas. I will revisit one more time, but I think this may have to be removed until we can get something that works. The original code failed 50% or so of the reported times; the new code fails 100% because of DVs again.

You are supposed to have a cutscene where Dynaheir sacrifices herself for you and you are spirited away. You are not supposed to be able to attack your attackers, or anything like that - they show up, gloat a little, Dy saves your life/gives her life for you, you are spirited away, and the end credits and end save roll you out of Tutu ready for BG2.

A few minor things about the cutscene - currently it goes "Irenicus casts a very short Time Stop - Dynaheir dies - Irenicus casts Domination on Charname"; wouldn't it make more sense for Irenicus to cast Power Word Kill, (he has it memorized and everything) and then kill Dy by script? (just in case she somehow has more than 60 HP) But yeah, if you can't somehow force the sequence to work properly it would probably be better to leave it out for the time being - in its current state it just makes for a slightly more disjointed and confusing transition. :blush:

Thank you for reporting! BTW, your work testing the other stuff I sent you has allowed us to wrap it up -- look for the new stuff soon :hm:

Cool, I'll keep an eye out. ;)

Since I am hard up against the deadline, I am changing the summpned creature base for this release to demnabsu.cre after I recheck that it is available to SoA-only folks (should be if it is a L7 spell .cre), and change the species name to "tanar'ri" in the text string. I know it is from the wrong side of the street, but in the next update we can simply have the tanar'ri turn on Winski in its dying breath, and take him down (destroy the ,cre, so there would be no further dialogue. In a week or so, I would love to discuss how to really make this thing work and make the best sense, including clobbering Winski and leaving a Rashemite artifact, and could really use your help/ideas :hm:. For now, it will have to be a quick patch.

I don't know if I can completely disable the cutscene in time for release, but it is first thing on my list for ongoing bugfixes. I will put a note in the readme warning of unintended behaviors, and see waht I can do; I'm still stuck on making sure Drizzt shows up for the Dynaheir Quest (he works great on my install, but not on some others :D ). This is a case of perfectly clear author intent and code that should work (and does work on some installs) that somehow does not work on other installs :blush: - it probably needs to be a big group recode of the cutscene retriggering and getting everything right. And that is before the BGT folks try it on their installs...

EDIT: changed .cre file as above (but to avoid heavy rewriting this version will still name it X#BAATZU.CRE)

Summoning line in-game changed to

@177 = ~I call on your blood contract, nabassu, tanar'ri. By your true name, get rid of them, "Aravaata"!~

Hey, I just had a brainstorm...

first, I know what the floating string is. I will fix the tp2 to look at the correct TRA file (this is an open note to myself to do this soon! TRA/%LANGUAGE%/blabla.tra).

you said the cutscene played and Dynaheir died. Do you still have that save (I hope?)

What was the last thing Dynaheir said? If she finished everything, I think the last line should actually be

@0 = ~Wench, you have overstepped your ability; It is beyond you or anyone to wrest this subject from me. ~

but is probably broken because I forgot baf files need to be redirected to tra (they don't auto_tra the way D files do...

IF

True()

THEN RESPONSE #100

CutSceneId(Player1)

ClearAllActions()

SmallWait(3)

DisplayStringHead("X#JONI",@0)

SmallWait(10)

ActionOverride("X#JONI",Kill("dynaheir"))

ActionOverride("X#JONI",ReallyForceSpell(Player1,WIZARD_TIME_STOP))

ActionOverride("X#BODHI",ForceSpell(Player1,VAMPIRE_DOMINATION))

SmallWait(10)

SetGlobal("X#DynaDeath","GLOBAL",6)

SmallWait(1)

SetGlobal("D0FinalSave","GLOBAL",1)

EndCutSceneMode()

END

If that small wait or something doesn't allow the variable to be set, the next part can't play...

in area script

/* Second Cutscene */

IF

Global("X#DynaDeath","GLOBAL",6)

Global("EndOfBG1","GLOBAL",0) <<<<this might be the problem, as

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("EndOfBG1","GLOBAL",1)

EndCredits()

END

I think I can fix part of this by adding a gate-out of all of the actors so that they are not there any more.

Then we can test the separate the "end of game " sequence into a separate addition to the area script that forces everything closed. In your save, try setting

Global("EndOfBG1","GLOBAL",0)

and see if it works to end the game.

To make sure of it, I can instantly transport the characters to wherever the BGT folks have their transition, so it is compatable, or better yet just destroy dynaheir's .cre so she can't be ressurected.

potential fix:

above cutscene, which seems to work, with added:

ActionOverride "dy" destroy self,

AO cutscene actors FORCE_SPELL_DRYAD_TELEPORT

if in BGT, AO actors and force move to BGT transition area

if not in BGT see if forcing above code finishes the game.

you said the cutscene played and Dynaheir died. Do you still have that save (I hope?)

What was the last thing Dynaheir said? If she finished everything, I think the last line should actually be

@0 = ~Wench, you have overstepped your ability; It is beyond you or anyone to wrest this subject from me. ~

@0 actually is / was the last line (anyone) said - after it came the scripted spell / death sequence - after which nothing more happens.

/* Second Cutscene */

IF

Global("EndOfBG1","GLOBAL",0) <<<<this might be the problem, as

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("EndOfBG1","GLOBAL",1)

EndCredits()

END

Since none of this is triggering, it does seem a good bet that either the X#DynaDeath or the EndOfBG1 globals are to blame. I still have several suitable save games with which I can test the listed variables, I'll try to get around to it today.

This is a transcript of the last few events that happen:

Stranger- Starry-eyed fools.

Dynaheir- Dimension Door : Charname #Note: Is this supposed to do anything?
Stranger- Wench, you have overstepped your ability; It is beyond you or anyone to wrest this subject from me
Stranger- Time Stop : Charname #Note: Why would he target Charname with the Time Stop? Not that it "works"...
Dynaheir- Death
Arel- Domination : Charname
Charname- Magic Resistance #Note: Due to the Cloak of Balduran, shouldn't matter though - the domination succeeded in a couple of test runs, without the game successfully ending on that account.

X#DynaDeath is incremented to 6 at this point, and D0FinalSave is set to 1. (though the latter might have been set prior to the cutscene - a final save is made after Sarevok is dead and before the party is moved for the abduction cutscene.) And surprisingly... so is the EndOfBG1 global, (set to 1 that is) yet nothing occurs. Resetting it to 0 does nothing. Sounds somewhat similar to the whole gnolls / Drizzt not appearing bug that people were reporting, in other words misbehaving / dormant area script?

Using AO FORCE_SPELL_DRYAD_TELEPORT would probably be good cosmetically, and it'd be all the better if doing so could bring things to a proper conclusion.

Well, blast. On the BGT side, Sir BillyBob has simply not included the cutscene, because it was an absolute terror to make work correctly with the BGT end-of-game changes; they use a different sequence of "endofBG1" variable settings, too.

The DD has to fail; Dy is trying to save Player1, and fails --don't know about the timestop --

The area script must be doing weird stuff. Perhaps if we move everything out of area scripts into Dynaheir scripts, and set an alternate variable that runs in baldur.bcs? Going for the nuclear option may be our only hope here. Either way, unless we ask Domi about recasting this whole sequence I can't see a way to make this BGT compatible. There has got to be a way of making this thing work. BGT is able to do a whole cutscene transfer to another game; we should be able to come up with a way of changin the end of Tutu!

No matter what, the AO F_S_D_T or EscapeAreaDestroy needs to happen for the cutscene end, as does the LeaveParty/DestroySelf routine for Dy, so she can't be raised. The whole cutscene doesn't work for BGT anyways, as players can keep going along the SwordCoast after Savreavok. So we are working on ways of getting as close to ending the game correctly as possible in the event that the end-of-game code does not trigger, leaving Player1 stranded in a concluded BG1 Tutu game.

The area script must be doing weird stuff. Perhaps if we move everything out of area scripts into Dynaheir scripts, and set an alternate variable that runs in baldur.bcs? Going for the nuclear option may be our only hope here. Either way, unless we ask Domi about recasting this whole sequence I can't see a way to make this BGT compatible. There has got to be a way of making this thing work. BGT is able to do a whole cutscene transfer to another game; we should be able to come up with a way of changin the end of Tutu!

Yeah, the area script being the main culprit is my take on it as well. Moving the lines into Dyna scripts should be worth a shot at least. I still have all the necessities lying around, so if you come up with a possible fix I'll help test it.

Also, I've given some more thought to the final Winski encounter. Give the demon a minhp item, so that when it reaches 1 HP it triggers a dialogue, the demon curses Winski for summoning it, it kills Winski by scriptand then the minhp item is removed so Charname & co can finish off the fiend.

As for Winski leaving behind a souvenir or two, I have (what I think is) a cool idea. 1: A Rashemaar amulet, perhaps his one memento from his native land (I'll try to come up with better details if you like the general idea), that can be used to cast Protection from Evil -10- radius once per day... This ties in with 2: A Summon Cacofiend scroll... :) Obviously the idea would be to use the amulet to protect the party, then summon the demon to "help out" with one of the two remaining battles in the game, the Iron Throne goons or the actual final battle. Given that it takes place so very late in the game, these items shouldn't be unbalancing, (if using SCS, they might only be marginally helpful, and the scroll is too high a level to scribe) and it would provide a nice reward for the currently... um, unrewarding Winski encounter. And personally I just love the irony of having a tanar'ri help foil Sarevok's schemes. :D Well, it's just an idea, feel free to tear it apart.

Aw heck yes... this makes good sense, and makes the encounter more interesting. I bet we can work up something along these lines together and ask for Domi's approval; it fits her notes and dialogue well. It blurs the line between "fix" and "extension; in most cases I would suggest we not go this direction. The difference here is that this was my first coding project, my "apprenticeship". Domi bears no responsibility for the (mis-)coding, she provided the dialogue and storyline, and I built the code around it. There are bound to be some holes like this (and the repeating dialogue loop) that she would have immediately seen and done on the fly if she had been coding it.

Let me try this idea out this week. I am racked up with BGT fixes/changes, but this has to be fixed for both Tutu and BGT, and is primarily my problem in the first place, so I will get it rolling asap.

OK, I think I am ready -- toss up what you think would be an appropriate dialogue for the tanar'ri to say before expiring, with the following sequence changes (for scripting ease ):

1. Encounter with Dynaheir in the party (romanced or not, this whole interaction rests on her being in the party in the final encouner with Winski). I will take care of removing all of the content necessary from his original dialogue into the Dyna Quest version.

2. Winski says @177 = ~I call on your blood contract, nabassu, tanar'ri. By your true name, get rid of them, "Aravaata"!~ and summons tanar'ri.

3. Aravaata turns to Winski first and exacts revenge (loophole, perhaps? We are talking about a Chaos (evil) calling on an Order (evil), right, so the Law tanar'ri could see Winski weakened and destroy him, then turn on the party because they heard its truename, or something :) ). Last act in dialogue (I will script) destroys Winski and removes his body, and has the tanar'ri attack the party. Loot dropped from Winski (we need to ask someone to create the ) Rashemi amulet with a Prot Evil 10' and scroll.

At end of encounter, quick wrap-up in-party chain talk (I will handle).

I am changing the end cutscene to remove Dy and the other actors; plus putting a DisplayStringHead on Player 1 that indicates the game is over if the conditions are met but the end credits do not play. I will post up the code changes in this thread, so folks following will be able to stop me from messing things up!

Warning -- this is not a working code snippet. It is a rough rebuild. Do not use as a working sample.
* Encounter 6 */
/* set up so it will play regardless of romance completion, as long as Dynaheir is in the party and quest and/or romance track successfully completed) */
CHAIN
IF WEIGHT #-4 ~Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",8)
InParty("dynaheir")
Global("X#DYQUWEndSummon","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN ~_WINSKI~ X#WinskiFinal
@166 ~*So, you have come for me, witch. *His bitter laugh becomes a wheezing cough.*~ DO ~SetGlobal("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",9)~
== ~_BDYNAH~ @167~I do not know thee, wizard. I came from Rashemen to find Bhaalspawn Sarevok of whom I heard in Sembia... And of late my labor has become helping <CHARNAME> to stop Sarevok Anchev's war. Thou hast never been my task, whoever thou art.~
== ~_WINSKI~ @168~Do not lie! *clutches his chest* The Othlors... the Hathrans... they were looking for me ever since I... fled Rashemen. They sent you to kill me so I would not reveal their puny secrets. They did not think much of me to send one puny Wychlaran...~
== ~_BDYNAH~ @169~I repeat again that 'tis not my task. Thou art an exile then, one of the Vremyonni who chose to leave, but bear the responsibility of the craft?~
== ~_BDYNAH~ @170~I have not heard of anyone do that in the past eighty years. ~
== ~_WINSKI~ @171~It had been more... than that for me. I hate your kind, and I hate Rashemen! What cruelty is it... to force a man into the Arcane craft by the sole virtue of him possessing a talent? How fair is it that he has to become a landless exile if he... does not want the duty? You were not after me... makes little difference I suppose.~
= ~Rasheman may have driven me into the shadows, but I have had my revenge. I was Sarevok's mentor, and tutored him in the blackest of rituals. If he were to succeed there is no doubt I would be among the dead, but my name would live on in his wake.~
= ~There are things beyond death if you die in the right fashion, and how could there not be a place in history for the architect that shaped the actions of the ascending Lord of Murder? You would not understand; you were born to affect the Realms. The rest of us must carve our own place by whatever means necessary.~
== ~_BDYNAH~ @172~Let the Three judge thee for whatever harm thou hast done Rashemen... Or Othlors. Help me in mine task, and thou might yet gain their forgiveness. Tell me where thy master is presently, and we will heal thee.~
== ~_WINSKI~ @173~You would heal me so I can be taken to Rashemen and tried as a Bhaalist? No...~
= @174~You cannot heal me... even if I agreed to that... travesty of justice you'd offer me. I extended my life magically, using Vremyonni's magic... the healing cannot bring the borrowed years back... I am dying, witch. With you for a mourner.~
== ~_BDYNAH~ @175~Dost not thou want to die in peace? To help the goodness thou hast denied for many a year as a Bhaalist?~
== ~_WINSKI~ @176 ~Bhaal has abandoned me as did the Three. Nobody loves traitors. Neither would you, witch, and your comrades. I do want to die in peace... In peace, witch, not spitting out all I know of my master to his foes. I can still send you to your graves... ~
= @177 ~I call on your blood contract, nabassu, tanar'ri. By your true name, get rid of them, "Aravaata"!~ DO ~SetGlobal("X#DYQUWEndSummon","GLOBAL",1) CreateCreatureObjectDoor("X#BAATZU",Player1,0,0,0)~ EXIT

INSERT CHAIN FOR TANAR'RI HERE

ADD BAF FOR TANAR'RI TO KILL WINSKI AND GO HOSTILE HERE

ADD BAF FOR TANAR'RI DEATH AND WRAPUP HERE

CHAIN
IF WEIGHT #-4 ~Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",9)
InParty("dynaheir")
Dead("Aravaata")~ THEN ~_DYNAHJ~ X#DynaWinskiCompleted
~I do not pity the vremon his fate. I hope that... perhaps one of thee can send a message to Rasheman about his demise?~
== ~_BMINSC~ IF ~InParty("minsc")~ THEN ~We shall tell all of Rasheman together!~
== ~_BDYNAH~ ~*glances your direction quickly* We shall tell Rasheman together if we can, but death stalks this land.~
== ~_XAN~ IF ~InParty("xan")~ THEN ~You are wise to send a message now, forstalling its loss in our inevitable demise.~
== ~_BMONTA~ IF ~InParty("montaron")~ THEN ~Ye silly fool, Winski's dead and gone. Ye be better payin' attention t' Sarevok, not dust!~
== ~_BCORAN~ IF ~InParty("coran")~ THEN ~Never fear, but there is much more life to live. We can all visit Rasheman after this business is over.~
== ~_BSAFAN~ IF ~InParty("safana")~ THEN ~Daaarling, why waste your time with silly thoughts of death? Winski is gone, we are here, and my hair is not even in disarray.~
== ~_BAJANT~ IF ~InParty("ajantis")~ THEN ~Dynaheir, your cause is my cause. By Helm, I will swear to deliver it.~
== ~_BEDWIN~ IF ~InParty("edwin")~ THEN ~Yes, yes, of course we will... deliver your message. (Fools... my work here is nearly done, and I will soon leave these morons behind.)~
== ~_BJAHEI~ IF ~InParty("jaheira")~ THEN ~We have friends to send the mesage through, but you worry needlessly.~
== ~_BKHALI~ IF ~InParty("khalid")~ THEN ~Y-y-yes, my d-dear lady, worry not. We can send a message quickly.~
== ~_BALORA~ IF ~InParty("alora")~ THEN ~Ooohh, we just won! Death may be stalking us, but we have won every contest so far. Let's go finish this!~
== ~_BYESLI~ IF ~InParty("yeslick")~ THEN ~Aye, now, we can handle this. Travelin' together seems t' agree wi' us~
== ~_BIMOEN~ IF ~InParty("imoen")~ THEN ~<CHARNAME> an' I, we'll take ya there, an' deliver the message personal!~
== ~_BKIVAN~ IF ~InParty("kivan")~ THEN ~Death may stalk this land, but now we stalk Death.~
== ~_BDYNAH~ ~*quietly* I thank thee all. If thine wills demand, then I shall say no more of death. Thy promise of aid should I fall is enough, if needs demand.~
== ~_BMINSC~ IF ~InParty("Minsc")~ THEN ~Boo says, enough talk! Onwards! We have Evil to butt-kick!~
END
IF ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL)~ THEN REPLY ~The gods may be contesting, but our faith will brin Sarevok down, Dynaheir.~ EXTERN ~_DYNAHJ~ X#DynaWinskiCompletedFinal
IF ~Class(Player1,FIGHTER_ALL)~ THEN REPLY ~Nothing will stand before our weapons and survive, Dynaheir.~ EXTERN ~_DYNAHJ~ X#DynaWinskiCompletedFinal
IF ~OR(2) Class(Player1,MAGE_ALL) Class(Player1,SORCERER)~ THEN REPLY ~With both of our spellweaving, Sarevok will fall as did Winski.~ EXTERN ~_DYNAHJ~ X#DynaWinskiCompletedFinal
IF ~Class(Player1,BARD_ALL)~ THEN REPLY ~We will dance our way to Rasheman together, Dynaheir. Let's just finish this quest together!~ EXTERN ~_DYNAHJ~ X#DynaWinskiCompletedFinal
IF ~Class(Player1,THIEF_ALL)~ THEN REPLY ~We will make our way to Rasheman together, Dynaheir. Let's just slip in quietly, get this done, and be on our way.~ EXTERN ~_DYNAHJ~ X#DynaWinskiCompletedFinal
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Dynaheir, do not worry. Death has no hold on us.~ EXTERN ~_DYNAHJ~ X#DynaWinskiCompletedFinal
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Dynaheir, we will send a message when we can. We need to get to Sarevok quickly.~ EXTERN ~_DYNAHJ~ X#DynaWinskiCompletedFinal
IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~We won. Stop being defeatist. Let's go give Sarevok a quick introduction to the Grim Reaper.~ EXTERN ~_DYNAHJ~ X#DynaWinskiCompletedFinal

APPEND ~_DYNAHJ~

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN X#DynaWinskiCompletedFinal
SAY ~We have but to continue forward into the Undercity to find our fates.~
IF ~~ THEN JOURNAL ~In pursuit of Sarevok

I found Winski Perorate near the entrance to the Undercity. Apparently he was Sarevok's mentor, but he was cast aside as a traitor for daring to rescue Sarevok instead of killing the Grand Dukes as he was supposed to. Dynaheir may not have been tracking this Vremyonni, but he had had a guiding hand in both our quests. War, slaughter, and wholesale death to become a god. I must stop this before Sarevok flees to try his scheme anew.~ EXIT
END
END

Quick note - as a tanar'ri the nabassu is (typically) chaotic evil - I'm guessing that the Law / Order thing is a remnant of the original baatezu pit fiend implementation? In any case, a chaotic evil demon would be just as infuriated by being summoned and just as eager to punish the summoner - especially one who is in such a weakened state. Here's what I got so far for Aravaata's dialog: (tentative, and I know it could use some polishing)

(For added dramatic effect, maybe have Aravaata cast 'Silence' on Winski before initiating dialogue?)

"Ah, the call of foolish flesh... And looking very frail, even by the puny standards of mortality! Ha, stupidity such as this could amaze even I. To dare call on the mighty Aravaata while on the brink of death... Truly, 'tis a waste of my talents extinguishing such a flimsy candle. Yet of course, the sheer indignity of this summoning demands nothing less.

Die."

Aravaata - Finger of Death: Winski (or some other suitable spell, like Disintegrate maybe)

Winski - Death (kill him by script to make sure he dies)

"There, that's better. Now to deal with these other wandering slabs of meat..." (display as floating head string perhaps?)

One more thing - I think it'd be more appropriate to have Winski gate the demon - as in use the 'gate' animation - but that may of course complicate things unnecessarily.

Quick note - as a tanar'ri the nabassu is (typically) chaotic evil - I'm guessing that the Law / Order thing is a remnant of the original baatezu pit fiend implementation? In any case, a chaotic evil demon would be just as infuriated by being summoned and just as eager to punish the summoner - especially one who is in such a weakened state. Here's what I got so far for Aravaata's dialog: (tentative, and I know it could use some polishing)
  • In X#DyQuest.D, add line BEGIN X#TANARK
  • In X#BAATZU, rename in all instances all script calls all variables X#BAATZU.CRE >> X#TANARI.CRE, DV same, allegiance neutral, with assigned dlg = X#TANARI
  • add to end of X#DyQuest.D
    CHAIN
    IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0) Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",9)~ THEN BEGIN ~X#TANARI~ X#TanarriKillsWinski
    ~Ah, the call of foolish flesh... And looking very frail, even by the puny standards of mortality! Ha, stupidity such as this could amaze even I.~
    == ~_WINSKI~ ~Ki... *Winski feebly grabs his throat and convulses*~
    == ~X#TANARI~ To dare call on the mighty Aravaata while on the brink of death... Truly, 'tis a waste of my talents extinguishing such a flimsy candle.~
    = ~Yet of course, the sheer indignity of this summoning demands nothing less. I will deal with these other wandering slabs of meat, but your soul will be my personal trophy, weakling!~ DO ~SetGlobal("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",10)~ EXIT

• in new file X#TANRRI.BAT, new override script with regular demon combat script, but first block is
    IF 
    Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",10) 
    Global("X#TanarriKillsWinski","LOCALS",0) 
    THEN RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("X#TanarriKillsWinski","LOCALS",1) 
    ReallyForceSpell("winski",WIZARD_FINGER_OF_DEATH_IGNORE_RESISTANCE)
    Kill("winski")
    Enemy()
    END

One more thing - I think it'd be more appropriate to have Winski gate the demon - as in use the 'gate' animation - but that may of course complicate things unnecessarily.

I can't figure out how to do this, as I can't be sure of the right coordinates... I see the ids entry WIZARD_GATE, but can't figure out how to make this work with the summoning. I did change the above code to DimensionDoor (CreateCreatureObjectDoor), but can't seem to find a similar call to use the gate animation...

ReallyForceSpell WIZARD_GATE

To trigger end recap party discussion, extension of Dynaheir's BCS:

IF 
InParty(Myself)
Global("X#DynaJournal","GLOBAL",10)
Dead("Aravaata")
Global("X#DyArvDead","GLOBAL",0)
THEN RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#DyArvDead","GLOBAL",1)
StartDialogueNoSet(Myself)
END

Note to self -- all of these need the !Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",2) on the BGT versions before tossing them into the BGT side.

Archived