v12b Dynaheir endgame (spoilers)

Gorilym

.rar and send to svowles at comcat dot net - I was doing the same thing with the above, just editing it, so I will be glad to see what you came up with! I will edit a description in right here:

COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase2/ITM/X#WINAMU.ITM~ ~override~
 SAY NAME1 @629
 SAY NAME2 @629
 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @630
 SAY DESC @630

in TRA:

@629  = ~Rasheman Amulet~
@630  = ~Winski Perorate's Amulet 

Winski Perorate's  work with the nether regions of the underworld often placed him in close proximity to beings who would prefer Winski to be wearing his skin inside out. To make that posssibility less likely, Winski commissioned a nabassu to build an amulet that would ward off evil creatures long enough to gain control of them. Unfortunately, Winski had a momentary lapse in memory due to great injury, and forgot to activate his amulet. This allowed his summoned Tanar'ri access to its summoner, with predictable results. 

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities: Protection from Evil 10' radius~

Suggested changes?

got your item --- I was messing with equipped effects, not extended - that's why i was having so much trouble!

Item sent.

I implemented (and conceived) it as "cast PfE 10" once per day" - I'm not sure it's possible for a permanent-while-equipped effect to extend beyond the wearer.

So, instead of "forgot to put it on" - perhaps his weakened state allowed the demon to kill him before he could activate it? Something like that.

Oh, "Equipped abilities:" needs to be changed to "Cast once per day:" or similar (whatever the standard for such abilities is) - though if you're already uploading, naturally it can wait until the final v12 build. :mad:

Nevermind, I think this is the correct last line: "Equipped Abilities: cast Protection from Evil 10' radius once per day~" - though I could be wrong. Best to compare with other items I guess.

Fixed that in the master copy; it will be missing that last clause, but the whole package is now up as chevalier6.rar. A whole day, but we did it (I hope/think ;) )

I have to go track down some Sirine's Call conflict with I_T_C2, and double check on the BGT folks (haven't heard yet if things work in-game. They install fine, but I am a strictly Tutu player.)

Let me know if I missed something stupid, please!

(Like, for instance, forgetting to change both the tilte of the url and the name of the file on the index page... now you know why I'm a music teacher and not a programmer :mad:)

A few notes on the Chevalier6 build before I finally call it a day :mad:

I see you've made further changes to the end cut scene; Dynaheir now leaves the party but isn't killed, and it's even more pacey. I think this revision was slightly superior.

Some things that could use touching up before the final v12:

Amulet description changes:

Title:

Either Rashemaar Amulet, or Winski Perorate's Amulet - // "Rasheman" is not an adjective ;)

And at the end:

Special Use: Protection from Evil 10' radius, once per day // This seems standard

Not Usable By:

Wizard Slayer~ // The item is in fact unusable by Wizard Slayers, so the description should mention it.

Miscellany:

- Currently the amulet's protection from evil doesn't actually protect against demons, but it's not a bug with the amulet - it turns out that the spell itself doesn't have all the necessary effects. When the Fixpack fixes have been / can be applied to Tutu this will no longer be an issue (The fixpacked version of the spell has 14 effects compared to 1 in the vanilla version!). In the meantime a fix could be to apply the Fixpack fix as a part of BG1NPC. Perhaps not worth the effort though.

- I've also made some corrections to X#WINAMU.itm - changed target value and removed a leftover "power" value of ability to better conform with similar items, and slightly raised the lore value needed to identify (OK, that one is of miniscule importance given that it's already identified); in other words, nothing crucial. I've sent you the revised item to have a look at.

- Winski's amulet is currently drained when you acquire it - I'm not sure how you would fix this by tp2, but it ought to come with a charge of 1.

edit: Yikes, this thread is fast approaching epic proportions. :)

Wicked cool! I was sure the version I sent had exactly the code you indicated, but I am going back right now and checking line by line to make it conforms to the post/vresion you linked.

EDIT: repaired EndCutSceneMode() position and re-added AO("J",K("d"))

Changed TRA string to

~Rashemaar Amulet~

and added extra info

Not Usable By:

Wizard Slayer~

I will go research the FixPack changes and see if I can figure out how to make that change.

EDIT: request for help sent to CamDawg, as I couldn't parse oout the changes made to Protection from Evil 10' Radius in BG2 FixPack Beta3)

The item charge is a tp2 action that I will research as well. I add it with #0 #0 #0; it probably should be 1;1;0 but I will look for examples.

EDIT: repaired to #1 #1 #0 and will test tomorrow

Well, epic proportion threads just indicate how much work we put into it!

- Currently the amulet's protection from evil doesn't actually protect against demons, but it's not a bug with the amulet - it turns out that the spell itself doesn't have all the necessary effects. When the Fixpack fixes have been / can be applied to Tutu this will no longer be an issue (The fixpacked version of the spell has 14 effects compared to 1 in the vanilla version!). In the meantime a fix could be to apply the Fixpack fix as a part of BG1NPC. Perhaps not worth the effort though.
Scratch that, on closer examination the original 'sppr408.spl' in Spells.bif works fine and has all the right abilities, (with the version in the override folder removed the amulet works exactly as intended - the fixpack only makes cosmetic changes to the spell) it turns out that the problem version is a file introduced by EasyTutu of all things. My bad for the misleading info earlier. :mad: I figured this might be some kind of Baldurdash snafu, but neither BG1 or BG2 Baldurdash make any changes to this file. I guess I should bring this to Macready's attention, because this definitely looks like a bug caused by EasyTutu.

Well, can we simply temporarily drop the "old" version in override during install of the amulet? I can go try to extract a copy from the .bif tonight, and we can copy it over. Then when Macready does his hotfix magic, we can remove that line from the tp2.

p.s. this makes me feel better - I spent some time last night trying to figure out how the fixpack works with spels. The good news was I learned alot about trying to read PATCH_IF statements; the bad news was i couldn't figure it all out yet.

Well, can we simply temporarily drop the "old" version in override during install of the amulet? I can go try to extract a copy from the .bif tonight, and we can copy it over. Then when Macready does his hotfix magic, we can remove that line from the tp2.

Sounds like a plan.

I've made a related thread over on PPG, should be interesting to see what Macready makes of this.

Cool! Gotta go teach - I will check the forums/fora/threads/whatever (:mad:) this evening when I get home. I may be significantly less 'around" for the next week, as the first rounds of Band Contest are setting up and I have a bunch of kids auditioning, so if my response time is longer you know why. We may wait until this Friday for the full release, giving some more time for the BGT test fols to check stuff, but the goal is unday pm absolute latest for all of this to be out the door to players. I will put chevalier7 up tonight!

Archived