Flirt Packs - yes, no?

Domi

Although it seems I'm a little late for this discussion and some flirting will now be in, I'd just like to throw in my support for the idea too. And having all of them tied to a single hotkey wouldn't be as unimmersive to me as the current flirting method.

Okay, I am *really* not overly fond of what I've done for now, but what thwarts me is that I can't find the 'background' script in IWD2, ie the same as baldur/baldur25.

IWD2 meticulously assigns DPLAYER3.BCS to every character that gets imported into the game or newly created. So, assigning the hot-key to it results in the flirt showing up as many times as there are players in the party after each 'keying in'.

I don't want to assign a different hot-key to each NPC, and there is a default MULTIG.DLG that allows me to give the dialogue to a custom Player1.

So, for now, I assigned the hot-key script to 4 NPCs, and added conditions to exclude the scripts on the other 3 NPC running, using the Player's gender and if the other NPC is in the party or not. This set up will only work for flirts and is very primitive.

So, what I need to make it work better is to either find that wonderful background script, or a way to make a creature's death variable a trigger on the script (ie "if I am Charname" condition) or find a fool-proof way to assign a script to Player1 in game (ie something like ChangeDefaultScript, but again, which script can I use to make it happen? First Area script?)

Archived