An Amber lite version

Diana

If it is not too much work, would it be possible to produce an Amber lite version? I downloaded an earlier version over the Summer (August 2006) when I had access to a friend's high speed connection. Unfortunately that one had some bugs and I y couldn't finish the kidnapping quest.

It would be a great help for me, and those like me, with only dial-up if there was a version where we could get the dialog/script and non-ogg updates as I think the ogg files make up a great deal of the size of the mod.

Otherwise, from what I was able to play, I liked her very much.

Guest Guest_Diana_*
You mean like an audio free Amber?

Not entirely audio free - only the default sounds - selection, battle cries, damage, dying, etc. They did something like that over at CoM with the Sarieleth and Yasraena mods.

Anyhow, I can always wait till December when I visit my friends with DSL. Will make a nice Christmas present for myself. :)

No, I'm not planning to make a 'light' version of Amber, sorry.

What kind of problems you had with the kidnapping quest? I ask because, if I recall correctly, no relevant changes has been made to that quest since the initial release. The latest version alters the script that triggers Lorraine's dialogue, but that more of a fine tuning that allows the interaction flow smoother, than a bugfix.

No, I'm not planning to make a 'light' version of Amber, sorry.

What kind of problems you had with the kidnapping quest? I ask because, if I recall correctly, no relevant changes has been made to that quest since the initial release. The latest version alters the script that triggers Lorraine's dialogue, but that more of a fine tuning that allows the interaction flow smoother, than a bugfix.

I'm playing with the one I downloaded around the first week of August. I fixed the obvious coding errors like misspelled "LOCALS" which WeiDu flagged during installation.

As for the kidnap problems, maybe I missed something.

Got the wardstone from Lorraine - did not kill her. Trashed the guards inside his hideout. Spoke to the cook and girl. Went upstairs and killed the beastie. The beastie made a comment about Lorraine though she was no where in sight. Spoke to the imp a few times. Now here's my problem. There were two locked doors on that level - it required something special to open them and for the life of me I couldn't find anything. Wardstone didn't work there, neither did the spell "Knock", and Yoshi's lockpick stills didn't either. I wound up having to CTRL-J myself to get behind them to retrieve quest items.

Had the showdown with the wizard. Helped Lorraine (soul gem stuff) and she said Amber would be upstairs or some such. Went there and no Amber, just someone's corpse. Wound up having to add a code to someone else's script just to get her back with a Hotkey by a MoveGlobalObject

If I recall correctly the locals was a non-critical fix, your PC just would get away once without losing AmberLike when he/she did something that hurt Amber's feelings.

Got the wardstone from Lorraine - did not kill her. Trashed the guards inside his hideout. Spoke to the cook and girl. Went upstairs and killed the beastie. The beastie made a comment about Lorraine though she was no where in sight.

Yes, the beastie makes a point about the fact that your PC is not Lorraine and he's thus free to kill your PC.

Spoke to the imp a few times. Now here's my problem. There were two locked doors on that level - it required something special to open them and for the life of me I couldn't find anything. Wardstone didn't work there, neither did the spell "Knock", and Yoshi's lockpick stills didn't either. I wound up having to CTRL-J myself to get behind them to retrieve quest items.

You probably missed the key that the beastie dropped. :) The key is in his cre file and not created by a script, so I don't think that the key would have failed to be there. You should look on the floor at the spot where you killed him.

Had the showdown with the wizard. Helped Lorraine (soul gem stuff) and she said Amber would be upstairs or some such. Went there and no Amber, just someone's corpse. Wound up having to add a code to someone else's script just to get her back with a Hotkey by a MoveGlobalObject

Unfortunately you gave up a mite too soon. You would have found Amber immediately when you exited the building, either by the window of the room you saw the corpse in or by the front door.

Unfortunately you gave up a mite too soon. You would have found Amber immediately when you exited the building, either by the window of the room you saw the corpse in or by the front door.

I found this scene pretty obvious myself. Guard dead in horrible manner and missing tiefling thief, they add up pretty well. I was just trying to figure out where Amber might have gone next when she found me.

(I spent more time wandering around Ymmyrt's lab before I found the staircase up).

If it is not too much work, would it be possible to produce an Amber lite version? I downloaded an earlier version over the Summer (August 2006) when I had access to a friend's high speed connection. Unfortunately that one had some bugs and I y couldn't finish the kidnapping quest.

It would be a great help for me, and those like me, with only dial-up if there was a version where we could get the dialog/script and non-ogg updates as I think the ogg files make up a great deal of the size of the mod.

Otherwise, from what I was able to play, I liked her very much.

Now I'm currently using dial up as well and I've found a way around the big files that will take what seems like forever and a day to download.

Go to your local library, most if not all have computers with High speed internet conections and you can download files and either burn them to disk or a flash drive. When I go to the library I usually plan on downloading a multitude of files, mods etc and have the sites written down. and than download to my hearts content. Go home and copy to your hd. and have fun.

DragonMaster

I found this scene pretty obvious myself. Guard dead in horrible manner and missing tiefling thief, they add up pretty well. I was just trying to figure out where Amber might have gone next when she found me.

(I spent more time wandering around Ymmyrt's lab before I found the staircase up).

Well now I didn't have a problem finding the stair case since its in plain view. And once I got up there and seen that scene I put 2 and 2 together. But where was amber Must have roamed every inch of that place for about 20 looking for hidden doors and stuff. Decided to give up on her. When it happened. Won't say what cause it's a spoiler.<G> But will have to admit that it made me want to pull my hair out. <LOL>

Just when you think this is another typical mod you get thrown for a loop with something different tossed in there. I like it I Love it I want more of Amber

DragonMaster

Archived