branwen romance bug....or not?

aliss77777

i think i may be having a bug with the branwen romance.

a while ago the PC-initiated flirts started getting the cold shoulder: her response is 'I'm sorry CHARNAME but I've decided to be alone' and she smiles wistfully, or something like that.

this matched up with the lovetalk, which starts 'It will not pass...' or something like that and she says that her romantic feelings cause her to have fear in battle and she's not happy about the trade-off.

fast forward a while, i have gotten to candlekeep and there have been a couple of lovetalks in BG city and now in Candlekeep. however, the PC-initiated flirts still get the cold shoulder (as I described above). Is this part of the romance or a bug?

Thanks everybody!

It's a part of the romance. She does not give up on you and totally shuts up because she decided to discontinue the romantic relationship. She is still your friend, so she will talk to you. Just not as a lover (ie flirting)

It's a part of the romance. She does not give up on you and totally shuts up because she decided to discontinue the romantic relationship. She is still your friend, so she will talk to you. Just not as a lover (ie flirting)

oh, really? that's kind of a bummer...but i suppose it makes sense...i can respect that

fast forward a while, i have gotten to candlekeep and there have been a couple of lovetalks in BG city and now in Candlekeep. however, the PC-initiated flirts still get the cold shoulder (as I described above). Is this part of the romance or a bug?

Thanks everybody!

You're not alone; I had the same reaction when I romanced Branwen. In retrospect, her actions seem quite realistic though. Don't fret, there are some really nice moments that still await you.

Archived