BG2 Tweak Pack v2 Released

CamDawg

The BG2 Tweak Pack is a WeiDU compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install.

This mod works on normal Baldur's Gate II games as well as either of the two Baldur's Gate conversion projects, BG1Tutu (Tutu) and Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT).

This mod includes and deprecates several other mods: the G3 Tweak Pack, the Tutu Tweak Pack, and Wes Weimer's Ease of Use mod. With the first non-beta release both the G3 and Tutu Tweak Packs will no longer be offered for download, though support will continue to be offered for players with ongoing games.

Changelog from v1 to v2

• Fixed crashing errors with Restore SoA Load Screen Logo
  • Fixed bug with Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon) preventing some protections from items from working
  • Imposed stricted safeuards on the 'Remove Completely' option of Change Experience Point Cap as it could fail if mods referenced non-existent files
  • Coded a better algorithm to extend the ability files of kits and classes for the 'Remove Completely' option of Change Experience Point Cap to extend ability tables to level 50
  • Thanks to the bigg, added a new Alter Weapon Proficiency System component with three options: the formerly standalone component Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies, BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies (with Weapon Styles), and BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies (without Weapon Styles)
  • Added a non-silly option for the Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes & Dreams component for those who are in a hurry and don't like breaking the fourth wall
  • Fixed bugs with Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes & Dreams not affecting the opening cutscene
  • Added an 'Ignore Race' option to the Romance Cheats component
  • Fixed bug with ToB-Style NPCs on BGT games where the Imoen in BG was being copied from her BG2 incarnation
  • Fixed bug with Multiple Strongholds not allowing (under certain circumstances) the player to attain the paladin stronghold
  • Added safeguard to Shopkeepers Have Limited Identification Ability so that it would still install even if other mods left 0-byte creature files in the game
  • French translation is now complete--thanks Anomaly

Relevant links:

The Tweak Pack is organized into five broad categories:

Cosmetic Changes

• Remove Helmet Animations
  • Imoen Avatar Change (non-Tutu)
  • Nalia Avatar Change (non-Tutu)
  • Viconia Skin Color Change
  • Weapon Animation Tweaks
  • Icewind Dale Casting Graphics
  • Restore SoA Load Screen Logo (non-Tutu)
  • Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items
  • Commoners Use Drab Colors
  • Icon Improvements
  • Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor
  • Force All Dialogue to Pause

Content Changes

• More Interjections, pka Valen/Solaufein-Style Interjections
  • Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues (non-Tutu)
  • Reveal Wilderness Areas Before Chapter Six (non-Tutu)
  • Improved Athkatlan City Guard (non-Tutu)
  • Gradual Drow Item Disintegration (non-Tutu)
  • Breakable Nonmagical Armor, Helms, and Shields (Tutu Only)
  • Multi Player Kick-Out Patch
  • Add Bags of Holding (Ammo Belts and Potion Cases to SoA; Bags of Holding to BG)
  • Exotic Items Pack (Tutu, BGT Only)
  • Reveal City Maps (Tutu Only)
  • Add Map Notes (Tutu Only)
  • Stores Sell Larger Stacks of Items
  • Reputation Resets at Beginning of BG2 (BGT Only)
  • Gems and Potions Require Identification
  • Shapeshifter Rebalancing
  • Multiple Strongholds (non-Tutu)
  • Bonus Merchants (non-Tutu)
  • Female Edwina (non-Tutu)

Rule Changes

• P&P Spell Progression Tables
  • Two-Handed Bastard Swords
  • Two-Handed Katanas
  • Universal Clubs
  • English Only: Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component
  • Weapon Styles for All
  • Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression
  • Delay High Level Abilities (non-Tutu)
  • Change Experience Point Cap
    • Remove Completely
    • Cap at Level 20
    • Cap at level 30

[*] Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P

[*] English Only: Descriptions Updates for Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor Component

[*] Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor

[*] English Only: Descriptions Updates for Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor Component

[*] Expanded Dual-Class Options

[*] Wear Multiple Protection Items

• P&P Style Restrictions
    • No Restrictions

[*]Alter Weapon Proficiency System

• Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies
    • BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies (with Weapon Styles)
    • BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies (without Weapon Styles)

[*] Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level

[*] Multi-Class Grand Mastery

[*] True Grand Mastery

[*] Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression

[*]Shopkeepers Have Limited ID Abilities

• Only Mages and Bard Shopkeepers Can ID
    • Shop Lore Based on Shopkeeper Lore

Ease of Use

• Higher HP on Level Up
  • Maximum HP Creatures
    • All Creatures
    • Joinable NPCs only
    • Non-joinable NPCs only

[*] Identify All Items

[*]Ease Spell Learning

• 100% Learn Spells
    • 100% Learn Spells, Unlimited Spells per Level

[*] Bottomless Bags of Holding

[*] Remove Fatigue from Restoration Spells (non-Tutu)

[*] Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party ..."

[*] Low Reputation Store Discount

[*] Unlimited Ammo Stacks

[*] Unlimited Jewelry and Gem Stacks

[*] Unlimited Potion Stacks

[*] Unlimited Scroll Stacks

[*] Happy Patch

[*] No Traps or Locks

[*] Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes & Dreams (non-Tutu)

• Original Ease of Use Versions
    • Non-Silly Versions

[*] Invisible Cloak of Mirroring Animation (non-Tutu)

[*] Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell (non-Tutu)

[*] No Drow Avatars on Party In Underdark (non-Tutu)

[*] Romance: Ignore Race (non-Tutu)

[*] Romance: Ignore Race/Gender (non-Tutu)

[*] Romance: Multiple NPCs Concurrently (non-Tutu)

[*] Romance: Multiple NPCs Concurrently, Say Anything (non-Tutu)

[*] Rest Anywhere

[*] Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings

Joinable NPC Tweaks

• Adjust Evil Joinable NPC Reactions (BGT, Tutu only)
  • Improved Fate Spirit Summoning (non-Tutu)
  • ToB-Style NPCs
  • Change Edwin's Stats
    • Give Edwin his BG Stats
    • Give Edwin his BG2 Stats

[*] Change Jaheira's Stats

• Give Jaheira her BG Stats
    • Give Jaheira her BG2 Stats

[*] Change Jaheira to Neutral Good Alignment

[*] Change Minsc's Stats

• Give Minsc his BG Stats
    • Give Minsc his BG2 Stats

[*] Change Viconia's Stats

• Give Viconia her BG Stats
    • Give Viconia her BG2 Stats

[*] Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Tutu, BGT only)

[*] Make Montaron an Assassin (Tutu, BGT only)

Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P

It negates the bonus you should have recieved while wearing the Shadw Armor (From the smithy in Beregost)

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you mean, but to me this sounds like it's WAD.

Hi Gorilym, thanks for the reply

I forgot to write that i'm talking about BG1TUTU

I think that for this particular armor you need to make an exception or transform it to a leather armor

In the item description it says "...studdet leater armor that melds into shadows..." and it is supposed to give +15% Hide in shadows bonus

If you choose the "Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor" option the armor gives penalties to all thieving abilities (now you get 'only' 5% penalty to Hide in shadows) it kind of misses the point, as it is an armor that is especially designed for thieves (only thives can wear it) an it costs a lot...

This option (IMO) is for people who want to play with a stelthy character but as it is now you'll be better off wearing a standard leather armor

HR

Hi Gorilym, thanks for the reply

I forgot to write that i'm talking about BG1TUTU

I think that for this particular armor you need to make an exception or transform it to a leather armor

In the item description it says "...studdet leater armor that melds into shadows..." and it is supposed to give +15% Hide in shadows bonus

If you choose the "Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor" option the armor gives penalties to all thieving abilities (now you get 'only' 5% penalty to Hide in shadows) it kind of misses the point, as it is an armor that is especially designed for thieves (only thives can wear it) an it costs a lot...

This option (IMO) is for people who want to play with a stelthy character but as it is now you'll be better off wearing a standard leather armor

HR

That makes good sense, the Shadow Armor probably should be exempted from the Studded Leather penalties.

On a related note, (tweakpack, armor & exceptions) it seems... wrong to me that the 'Breakable Nonmagical Armor, Helms, and Shields' makes nonmagical Full Plate Mail breakable. From what I understand such armor is made neither on a whim nor quickly, so any such suits that can be acquired in BG1 most likely date back to before the iron crisis - and if they don't, the cost of such armor would make it more likely that only "good" iron was used in its creation.

Guest Simian Mania
On a related note, (tweakpack, armor & exceptions) it seems... wrong to me that the 'Breakable Nonmagical Armor, Helms, and Shields' makes nonmagical Full Plate Mail breakable. From what I understand such armor is made neither on a whim nor quickly, so any such suits that can be acquired in BG1 most likely date back to before the iron crisis - and if they don't, the cost of such armor would make it more likely that only "good" iron was used in its creation.

I agree. It makes sense that the Full Plate is made with the good stuff.

Of course, full plate was usually made to measure for the individual wearer by the armour smith (it would just be a pain to have to wait a month in game to get it). If a suit was made at all, it would be made using whatever iron was currently available.

Archived