Does it ever bother you...

theacefes

Well if anything, I'd only be focusing on the banter(rest) mod. In that case, coding isn't a problem for me: it's the writing of characters in...well...their character. I know this is a sensitive issue (Jaheira would NEVARR say that!). One or two banters for an npc mod is one thing. Writing banters between the original NPCs is something completely different.

That is...if I make the mod.

I sincerely hope you do.

But if not, it looks like there are a few people willing to try.

There are always people who say "Jaheira would NEVARR say that," but opinion is opinion. You do seem to really care what other people want and what other people think. That's refreshing, but it can be taken too far. You're never going to be able to please everyone, but at least you're giving them something to complain *about*. Who knows? If not for that, they could be off inciting riots, or something.

I think I could write any NPC in the game true enough. As berlinde points out it's impossible to match everyone's personal vision of them all, but I expect my take would be well within the mainstream for how most think of them.

A mod like this will certainly add a kind of whimsical amusement to the game, which is all anyone should be expecting from it. I'd be happy to lend a hand in writing dialogues if needed. Just PM me with an assignment if/when you're ready.

Now you're getting into the realm of other mod author involvement. Of the BG NPCs that aren't joinable in BG2, several are reintroduced by mods, and others show up as non-joinable NPCs.

Non-joinable: Ajantis (you kill him in Windspear), Xzar, Coran, Safana (kill her in Forest of Tethyr), Montaron (Harpers get to him first), Khalid (well, duh), Quayle, Tiax, Dynaheir (Minsc says Irenicus killed her), Garrick, Faldorn (killed her if you did the Druid grove)

Introduced by mods: Alora, Kivan, Xan

That leaves: Branwen, Eldoth, Kagain, Shar-Teel, Skie, and Yeslick

Sorry my post wasn't particularly clear, or well punctuated.

What I meant was, could the current NPC's (in BGII) wonder about the whereabouts of the missing/non-joinable BG NPC's, and comment on the fates of the non-joinables in more depth.

Such as Jaheria/PC, or perhaps even PC/Cernd discussing Faldorn after/if she is deposed from the Druid Grove.

While resting in the dock district, the appearance of "ladies of the night" get Viconia and Edwin musing on the fate of Safana (little realizing the woeful cameo Bioware has in store for her and Coran).

That's what I meant, not that BG1 NPC's should be included in these scenes.

I get what Raven_song is saying. I do think that would be a good idea, it may just take a bit of work. I would LOVE to see this mod come to life. It would make the game much more indepth and much more interesting.

To Raven_Song: Whoot! Another Farscape lover! :D Love your Avatar. Zhaan is one the most interesting chars from that show, just too bad she had to die. :)

To Raven_Song: Whoot! Another Farscape lover! Love your Avatar. Zhaan is one the most interesting chars from that show, just too bad she had to die.

Thanks - Farscape was indeed a great show. It's a shame that the make-up made Virginia Hey so ill, otherwise chances are Zhaan would have been there until the end.

Archived