BG1 Weapon Proficiency problem?

Wanderer

Maybe it's early to tell, but I noticed very quickly (in the Candlekeep Inn) that something happened to all the weapon proficiencies. Axes and bows are listed as large swords, large swords as spiked weapons, daggers as spears...

I'm using Mac Tutu, w/Tutufix 1.5, several portrait/avatar packs, NPC 12, Sirines, Indira, Finch, Murneth, Song & Silence, gMinion, Divine Remix, and, obviously, the lastest Tweaks.

Sounds like something very freaky has happened when installing the new BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies component... I avoided it myself, I much prefer the BG2 system. On a different note, every install order guideline I've seen advocates installing Divine Remix after everything else. (except Virtue, but there's no TuTu version of that so not really applicable here)

Sounds like something very freaky has happened when installing the new BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies component... I avoided it myself, I much prefer the BG2 system.

At least it's close to the end; not hard at all to un/reinstall.

On a different note, every install order guideline I've seen advocates installing Divine Remix after everything else. (except Virtue, but there's no TuTu version of that so not really applicable here)

Aha, I've sweated and agonized over questions like this. I've also seen recommendations for it to go before the final Tweaks (as well as Refinements and BiggTweaks, and of course Virtue). I'm certainly willing to revise that list (again, it's late in the install, so not too heard to do-over). Other comments on ye olde install order problem are welcome.

Aha, I've sweated and agonized over questions like this. I've also seen recommendations for it to go before the final Tweaks (as well as Refinements and BiggTweaks, and of course Virtue). I'm certainly willing to revise that list (again, it's late in the install, so not too heard to do-over). Other comments on ye olde install order problem are welcome.

I think the main point of installing Divine Remix post-Tweaks is that some of its components could override changes made by DR, such as spell progressions. In which order you install Refinements & Divine Remix should mainly (only?) effect HLAs - whichever is installed last will override the divine spellcasting HLAs of the previous. Personally I'd install quest mods (such as Sirines Call) after NPC mods. Also, if you haven't already, I'd recommend trying out The Grey Clan: In Candlelight.

I think the main point of installing Divine Remix post-Tweaks is that some of its components could override changes made by DR, such as spell progressions. In which order you install Refinements & Divine Remix should mainly (only?) effect HLAs - whichever is installed last will override the divine spellcasting HLAs of the previous.
I'll consider what Tweaks I'm using might conflict with an earlier install of the remix.
Personally I'd install quest mods (such as Sirines Call) after NPC mods. Also, if you haven't already, I'd recommend trying out The Grey Clan: In Candlelight.
I'll check it out. I do also recall one or two comments, at PPG I think, that recommended the install order that I mentioned above for Sirines Call, Indira, Finch, and Murneth.
Maybe it's early to tell, but I noticed very quickly (in the Candlekeep Inn) that something happened to all the weapon proficiencies. Axes and bows are listed as large swords, large swords as spiked weapons, daggers as spears...

Yeah, confirmed as a Tweaks bug. It's fixed for v3.

Sounds like something very freaky has happened when installing the new BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies component... I avoided it myself, I much prefer the BG2 system. On a different note, every install order guideline I've seen advocates installing Divine Remix after everything else. (except Virtue, but there's no TuTu version of that so not really applicable here)

It's a rock-scissors-paper thing. Refinements is probably the only mod that should go after Tweaks, but if you want DR's HLA tables it has to go after Refinements (so it would be Tweaks-Ref-DR). If you're not installing Refinements (or want Refinements' HLA tables), I would advocate keeping DR in front of Tweaks (DR-Tweaks or DR-Tweaks-Ref).

Archived