BG-style weapon proficiencies & importing

Gorilym

A thought occured regarding the new BG-style weapon proficiencies component. Let's say this component is used with TuTu, and <Charname> is exported from the final save into a SoA game without BG-style weapon proficiencies installed. What proficiencies would this character begin with in Chateau Irenicus, in other words how would they be converted?

A thought occured regarding the new BG-style weapon proficiencies component. Let's say this component is used with TuTu, and <Charname> is exported from the final save into a SoA game without BG-style weapon proficiencies installed. What proficiencies would this character begin with in Chateau Irenicus, in other words how would they be converted?

Good question. Also, it occurs to me that the problems I posted about in BGtutu could have to do with the fact that I exported my PC from an earlier conversion, before all the new updates. So, he was created with the earlier Tweak pack, then imported into a game with the new BG-style profs.

Then again, it doesn't appear to be an issue in that way. I started with a new character, and it seems to be mere the descriptions that are a problem. When applying skills in character generation, it lists only BG1 profs, with the remainder of the slots labeled "unused". In game, the wrong labels are applied to just about every weapon, but combat bonuses appear to be in order, with one or two weapons in use.

Yes, in practice, don't use prior saves and/or import/export across different weapon systems (I can't exactly re-arrange them on the fly in-game).

As for the descriptions being wrong, I'll look at it, thanks for reporting.

Note to Cam: you should point out in the readme that these components aren't reload friendly :)

Archived