Level1NPCs Discussion

Azazello

One thing I don't like about this long thread (apart from its length) is the fact you'd have to comb through 27-odd pages or whatever to try to find the bugs. If we could have a separate post devoted solely to known or suspected bugs, it'd be easier to try testing and replicating (and hopefully, quashing) them.
yes-yes-yes, this has been requested many times, in that 27-pages-and-growing thread. We are still waiting.

Ok, I received the beta6 from Kulyok and am now hosting it in absence of any "official" hosting. Also:

> Fixed a few minor typos in the readme and setup.tra

> Updated to WeiDU v201

> Updated .tp2 header to reflect beta6

> Fixed the Aerie bug as cmorgan indicated (I think - I just used the same syntax as for the other NPCs anyway)

> Put a comment in the .rar that I did these things (did not change the version though)

> Did a quick smoketest of this version on Tutu. Made Imoen a swashbuckler/mage, Branwen a cleric/stalker and Jaheira something weirder without noticing any issues. (Just a potential improvement that we can now give them ADD_MEMORIZED_SPELLs via the latest WeiDU as I think I commented, oh, 10-15 pages ago in this thread :).)

Download the Level 1 NPCs mod (beta 6) here:

http://www.farseek.com/bg/lvl1npcs.rar

View the updated readme here:

http://www.farseek.com/bg/lvl1npcs.html

Nythrun/cmorgan - if you have additional changes, please send them to me (I'll PM you my e-mail address) and I'll update the package. Or of course, if you get an "official" host, feel free to do the reverse (incorporate my updates in yours). Also, feel free to update the original post with these links.

Thank you folks for the backups and temporary hosting, and I got your email, kulyok. I have no way yet of uploading my version, but I will compare all three versions (Miloch's new one, Kulyok's Beta6, and the updates I made, mostly a new ReadMe based on Miloch's incorporating known issues and such) and send it on to CamDawg.

I will also start splitting up threads and stuff, setting it up for easy migration to a forum once it is done. ETA is possibly tonight, if my computer doesn't start making grinding sounds and shooting sparks like the ones on ST:TOS; if not then tomorrow pm.

Archived