Level1NPCs Discussion

Azazello

Well, the most straightforward and descriptive thing I can think of is something like "ultimate NPC kit mod". obviously, that lacks the requested panache, but, hey, panache isn't necessary when you're ultimate.

Or I guess you could take a page from stem cell research and call it

"Pluripotent NPCs," which has the advantage of being nearly alliterative...

these suggestions doubtless illustrate why my wife is right in thinking it would be a mistake to let me name any children we may have.

Hey, Nythrun, since you've already added code for changing weapon restrictions, do you think you could also add a component that restricts fighter/druids to using armor that druids can use (except Ankheg Plate and Dragon Scale Armors)? It's not really necessary, but it'd be damn convenient.

Just the initial component (fix up kit.ids and a few other things) and the mess-with-proficiencies component; any other modifications to the weapon rules can be folded into the latter (until there's too many options and it becomes labyrinthian to navigate). The world is not yet ready for Happy'Ass :)

Unless there's something I'm forgetting that ought to in?

Other stuff I've done belongs in separate packages, if it indeed should be inflicted on other people at all :love:

I like Level1NPCs. The player will immediately understand what they're downloading.
But they're not downloading any NPCs at all with this mod. And the NPCs it modifies are not necessarily Level 1 to begin with, nor do they end up level 1 after you're done with them - that's merely a technical feature that lets you choose their skills. Further, this mod allows you even to tinker with PCs not just NPCs. At least, it will do if that component is working, which I hope, as will everyone else once they realise what it can do.

I guess I'll post some of the names I came up with, though some are rather ominous-sounding (not a bad thing IMO) or just silly:

Slavedriver

Taskmaster

Character Czar

Kit Switcher

Job Swapper

Transitioner

Zookeeper

Career Opportunities

Vocation Changer for Disgruntled Party Members (ok, now we're getting really silly)

You could probably add "NPC" to any of these, though see my comment above. Simpler to just drop the extra acronym.

My dream has become a reality - and I wasn't even there to see it?

Even so, I am truly appreciative to all those who have helped make it happen. Especially to the darling Nythrun, who has been the primary software developer.

Can't honestly say when I'll be able to try/test the mod myself, as Real Life demands that someone put money into the bank account - that 'someone' being only 'me'. Shouldn't even be reading posts as papers are calling my name, incessantly. Still, when and if free time becomes available, I will be promoting the mod thru-out other boards.

Bravo to all!

Archived