Did you/I move Coran's starting point?

Silk

You couldn't have walked past him... he sits right between the Gibberling Spawns from Hades at the side of the obelisk. Luckilly, no-one at that level has fireball, or he would be a crspy critter :mad: !

I am almost positive your kit testing would have no effect on this. NPC mods might, as they change area scripts, or things which modify .cre files and rename or perhaps miscopy them... I would even blame us, if it weren't for massive playtesting by playtesters and modders alike trying to mess around with the Move and Wait at an Inn components. There just has to be an install order or another oddity that messes with the spawns.

And if you use EasyTutu, you may not have to do a full reinstall of BG@, but you might want to. I'd grab a clean install of TOB, run an EasyTutu_TOB install, drop in the hotfixes from Macready's site, (if you like to mod follow the bigg's suggestion and copy the baldur.exe so NI and DLTCEP can read the install correctly), and then copy off a backup onto a drive. I know there are easier ways of faking installs, but when you are testing out new stuff I bet it would be better to just be able to blow away the whole installation and blast out a new one with a straight copy.

Then you can mod away on both BG1 and BG2, and you always have a clean Tutu ready to go.

In my game, the Gibberlings spawn east of the obelisk and Eldoth spawns south of it. The fog of war does not clear enough to reveal Eldoth until I am practically on top of the obelisk.

Not that I'm nit-picking.

One of these days, I'm going to have to pick him up. Never have.

Okay.

After some work, some sleep and a full clean install (plus one reload because the gibberlings killed me - I mean, come on, mages only have 4-6 HPs), I am happy to report Eldoth is behaving himself and showing up (as berelinde says, slightly south of the obelisk).

It's going to take a loooonnngg time before I get to Coran's position again, though.

Sorry about this, guys, but Coran's missing again. Definitely not where he's supposed to be. In fact, as far as I can see, nowhere at all.

To be honest, I'm not bothered about it because I'm too interested in seeing how Kivan's story pans out and I don't have room for Coran right now. Besides, I know I can CLUA him in if I need to.

I just thought I'd let you know in case it happens to others. (No, even if I copied the savegame to another location and reinstalled BG1, Tutu, etc, I'm not trying it again.)

Silk, you don't have to do anything else with your games to help tremendously; please just .rar up a copy of your savegame and a copy of your WeiDU.log and send them to svowles at comcast dot net, and I will continue to investigate.

To put lurkers minds at rest, I have gone back through all of the playtest logs, and just spent some extended time with Beta3, building on both EasyTutu_ToB and BGT and have not been able to replicate this problem. There must be something interesting going on with something in FW2200 in your game, Silk!

I am rechecking the Jaheira Quest changes to make sure they EXTEND_BOTTOM rather than EXTEND_TOP, just to be on the safe side. i will continue to research!

To put lurkers minds at rest, I have gone back through all of the playtest logs, and just spent some extended time with Beta3, building on both EasyTutu_ToB and BGT and have not been able to replicate this problem. There must be something interesting going on with something in FW2200 in your game, Silk!

That translates as "give it to Silk, she's bound to break it". :)

rar'ed and emailed, btw. There possibly is a problem with my disks. I know I had to copy area2400 from my other set as disk 4 is, to put it politely, stuffed. I have two sets of BG1 because when I bought TotSC, the only way I could get it was packaged with BG1. As Tutu accepted it as a full install, I didn't worry too much about slight problems with any other areas.

Silk, we have a truly bona-fide mystery on our hands.

I rechecked my install vs yours, and set up everything but the special kit you are testing. I confirmed your save would work , loaded it, and wandered around the area. I then checked the savegame in both DLLTCEP and NI. _CORAN5 shows up plain as day in both editors, assigned to the right area, confirmed working, everything A-OK. But...

[showing ignorance of general modding stuff with scripts]

in your savegame, CoranMatch is 1... I thought that was set by Coran's BCS, which shouldn't run until Coran is created as far as I know! [/showing ignorance of general modding stuff with scripts]

I will go investigate how the NPCs are set up and why one would be missing. As far as I know, Tutu NPCs are not spawned. They are actually written into the area, which is why we have to actually patch baldur.gam to change NPC positions. BGT works differently, adding NPCs in with a spawn, which is why we can't make the changes on that side without a ton of research and testing, and basically rejiggering lost of area script blocks, which is dangerous to do on a mega-install...

Basics are, I need to call for backup on this one.

As a side note, it looks like you did not bury Gorion (X#IMGBODY=2) but you had no problems with repeating dialogue. So even if it was a pain for you to go through this, you just confirmed that some stuff we fixed is working correctly!!!

EDIT:

Aaaaand... there has to be something wrong with your FW2200.are. I am a little embarrased - your game is saved in FW1700, at the big Wyvern bridge. I should have caught that myself :). It looks like you played through area FW2200.are, rather than jumping around, so you should have run into him on the small bridge in the other area, which is where you could not pass until you talked to Coran. All attempts to load that area in NI/DLTCEP says everything is ok, but using CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("fw2200") shows a completely unexplored area (which means that the area is being reloaded by the game from my install instead of from your savegame or else it would just be like every other jump into an explored area).

I am going to try to attach a .rar of a working FW2200.are for you here . If you drop it in override and try jumping into the area, you should be fine - if it shows up explored, try opening the save in NI, decompressing the save, deleting the FW2200.are from the save, and stopping back by.

Ummm ... :D:):):D:D:(;)

You can stop looking. It's not your coding, it's not Tutu, it's not my installation - it's me. Area2200 works fine on my installation. I'd managed to miss that bridge by getting to the next area from the bottom of a partially explored 2200. My savegame loads 2200.are perfectly, showing the bottom part explored but not the top, so I managed to bypass the bridge completely.

In my own defence, all I can say is that it's a long time since I played BG1 in any shape or form and forgot how many damn bridges there are in Cloakwood.

The only mystery that now remains is how I could be so dumb. Sorry.

Edited to add:

PS: You can swear at me for sending you on a wild goose chase if it makes you feel better.

All part of the fun of the game! No problem - suprisingly, I learn more about the way things work on this stuff by trying to trace problems then I thought possible. It is like a big rubics cube, only tremendously more complex and with little quantum physics "observer effect" thrown in. I'm just darned happy it means I didn't accidentally mess stuff up :)

Archived