I *HATE* this fix!

I can't seem to find most of the altered .dlgs in the TP2. Are they stored in another file type? How would I go about removing/comment them out?

BTW Small typo on one of the comments:

// Varscona is unique; repacing all references excet Ribald's with generic +2 sword

Got them, Nythrun. Thanks.

A few more comment typos (this probably isn't the place for this, but you can always ban me :)):

COPY_EXISTING ~chan20.itm~ ~override~ // white dragon scale

~dwplat01.itm~ ~override~ // drow full plate +5

~leat19.itm~ ~override~ // white dragon scale

~misc5x.itm~ ~override~ // harper pin

PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) THEN BEGIN // protects against invalid files

READ_BYTE 0x29 "use"

WRITE_BYTE 0x29 ("%use%" BOR 0b00010000) // adds shapeshifter flag

Leat19.itm is Shadow Dragon Scale.

// fixes expolit of casting restore on a simulcrum
Guest Guest

Greetings everyone

I must say that there is only one thing about the pack that I'd like to use - Edwin-Edwina soundset fix. The thing is - there's no way I am going to start messing with the files myself just to get it alone; I don't have the knowledge to do so.

So, I was thinking if someone could isolate this one fix for me and perhaps upload it somewhere/send it to me once it's ready to go? Having absolutely no idea how big deal it is to do for someone who would know what he is doing I know that I can't order anyone to do so - but if someone could I'd be most grateful.

Cheers,

Christian.

Grab this file, and also a copy of WeiDU (which you can also get by copying the setup-modname.exe for any mods you happen to have lying around). Rename that copy of WeiDU to "setup-edwin_soundset.exe" without the quotes. Put both files in your BGII folder and double click the setup-edwin_soundset.exe.

There's about half a dozen other errors with the Edwin sequence which you won't get fixed this way, though.

Can I, when using a text editor, instead of doing a //, can I just delete the command? Would that work? I just want Cernd's high level dialogue fix, nothing else.

On that note, if that is possible (and I do it), can I use Baulderdash to fix other things (especially if they have nothing to do with Cernd.

Personally, I wish this fix pack was listed like Baldurdash does it. You can pick and chose what to download/install (or not download/install).

Can I, when using a text editor, instead of doing a //, can I just delete the command? Would that work?

Yep.

I just want Cernd's high level dialogue fix, nothing else.

On that note, if that is possible (and I do it), can I use Baulderdash to fix other things (especially if they have nothing to do with Cernd.

Probably... as long as you made sure that they don't interact destructively with the same files (or just on the same files period).

Personally, I wish this fix pack was listed like Baldurdash does it. You can pick and chose what to download/install (or not download/install).

There's a lot of changes... I think most people who use the core component do so in its entirety or near-entirety because they'd prefer that bugs they might encounter in their game had already been discovered and fixed by someone else.

For the record, Fixpack has included a 'secret component' to help players unfix stuff for years now, including the requests in this thread (minus the Jaheira/Viconia spell changes, as those have been dropped from the Fixpack outright). It's at the bottom of the tp2, and can be activated by deleting the line helpfully labeled

DEPRECATED ~delete this line to make this component active~

If anyone has more Hated Fixes they wish rolled back on their personal installs, we're (still) willing to accommodate.