Moinesse's Avatars

Diana

I dl'd this in August '06 when I had access to broadband and tried it recently.

Noticed the following (which may have been corrected in a later release).

The avatars for Tiana (Rumar's harpy in Copper Coronet) and Tolgerias (Council of Six) had changed.

I especialy wanted to see a different avatar for the male/female vamps - nothing changed even though the WeiDu/BiggDu log reported that I had installed it correctly.

Loved the new look for Nalia and Imoen - gorgeous with the long hair. Probably the elven sorcerous avatars kicked in properly.

Hated what it did to Edwin. I had to uninstall what it did for sorcerors/mages.

Tiana and Tolgerias probably use the human mage avatars, so they are going to change accordingly. AFAIK, they're supposed to look like they're wearing oversized hooded overcoats. Not necessarily the most stylish choices, but they don't bug me.

Yeah, I love the long-haired avatars, especially for characters with reddish hair.

I just tried this and I'm lovin' it for my wild mage and Imoen, just starting out in the dungeon. There's a long haired, red-headed Imoen portrait available in G3's portraits section that works beautifully for Moinesse Immy.

I have that picture installed for Imoen. But it still doesn't address the issue of the wrong avatars showing up the vampires! I would love to see the male/female vampes in cowls instead of the default Bioware avatars which this mod is supposed to correct :mad:

I'm finding that Moinesse Amber doesn't have long hair, which according to her portrait she should have. I installed Moinesse's Avatars before installing Amber. Will I have any conflicts if I run it again? (I'm running 25 mods if that matters.) Hopefully that will alter her avatar to give her long hair, no?

Unless you uninstall Moinesse's avatars prior to 'running it again', your're just going to install it in exactly the same place in the installation order.

However, uninstalling it first, then reinstalling it should help. You might also want to check to make sure that Amber uses the human thief avatar. If she uses the elven female thief avatar, I do not know if Moinesse's avatars will give her long hair.

I have that picture installed for Imoen. But it still doesn't address the issue of the wrong avatars showing up the vampires! I would love to see the male/female vampes in cowls instead of the default Bioware avatars which this mod is supposed to correct .

Hi Diana,

It's been some time since I package the mod, but iirc it had a few options for vampires - one that changed the in-game vampire avatars with the 'in a coat' llok and another that allowed you change the thieves animation to it. The mod works in a very simple fashion by over-writing the animations directly by placing into the override. If you open you override folder, you will see a bunch of BAM files modified on the date when you've installed the mod. The ones corresponding to female vampires will start with CHFW1*** where *** the suffix for various animations, and the males - with CHMW1***. If these files are present in the override, the mod installed correctly, and the animations should be replaced. If they are not there, try opening manually

BGII - SoA\MoinesseAvatars\HMVampire

and

BGII - SoA\MoinesseAvatars\HFVampire

and copying the content to the override.

Hope that helps!

Hiya,

Will check it out once I get home. Thanks!

Sorry for the delay but we were off doing other quests and just got back to Athkathla. I did manually copy over everything I saw in the vampire sub-folders to override - yet, they still remain as the original with the blue harem pants.

When I have access to dial-up again next month I'll try downloading again -- it may be that I have a very old download. Unfortunately the HTML file I have doesn't give me a date though I can say most of the HF vamp files are from December of 2004.

I checked the vampire animations for this mod. They do get installed in override correctly as far as I can tell, but I'm not sure if the graphics function as intended, being as how the female, male and male thief graphics appear identical.

HFVampire (chfw1a1.bam):

chfw1a1.gif

HMVampire (chmw1a1.bam):

chmw1a1.gif

HMVampThief (chmt1a1.bam):

chmt1a1.gif

Also, does anyone know what happened to the inventory BAMs Moinesse did (as referenced in this post)? The linked site (http://www.icelus.net/moinesse/INVBams.zip) no longer exists.

Another broken link exists in the readme on this site:

A thief kit of Shuri Ninja by Twinblade can be found here:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/twinblades/

I couldn't find any other reference to this kit online.
I checked the vampire animations for this mod. They do get installed in override correctly as far as I can tell, but I'm not sure if the graphics function as intended, being as how the female, male and male thief graphics appear identical.

Yes, they are identical. I just thought that some people might want to use this set of animation on both male and female vampires (not just on males as intended) or on thieves - since I thought that cloak sort of matched thieves, and I don't mind the vampires as is. So I added the same animation set as options at install.

Inventory bams? Do you mean paperdolls? I think I've included everything that was on Ice's site at the time of assembling the mod in the package.

(Slaps her forehead) Of course! The bams. for items. I have them downloaded somewhere, but I don't think they were actually formatted right. Using them directly on an item didn't work.
That's cool... well if you find them, I should be able to reformat them for proper use in item BAMs. And if you can't find them, looks like several other people DLed them at the time (NiGHTMARE maybe?).

Archived