Install Order Discussion

cmorgan

Gorilym's got a thread wandering around here somewhere about that. 1PP corrupts paperdolls in the override to force the engine to use the BG versions in the BIFFs. If we can generate legitimate BG paperdolls instead (and it seems progress is being made) then 1PP should be fine.

Yeah, basically I found a way to stop Mac 1PP from being such a crashfest. However, after seeing how many (IMHO) superfluous changes 1PP makes, I ended up making a package for my own use with just the paper dolls I'd extracted. A properly-revised-for-OS X version of 1PP wouldn't / shouldn't require that much effort though - if you (Cam) are willing to look it over when I'm done, I could have it ready by next week or thereabouts.

AI/Scripting Mods:

eSeries [G3] (some checking for Tutu still to do?)

gMinion [G3]

Do we have confirmation that eSeries 1.7 no longer needs a specific manual fix to _TASIGHT and (another script I can't remember) in order to work on Tutu?

(And I bet we probably want to add Mac OS install materials to the install order list, including Mac EasyTutu...)

Gorilym's got a thread wandering around here somewhere about that. 1PP corrupts paperdolls in the override to force the engine to use the BG versions in the BIFFs. If we can generate legitimate BG paperdolls instead (and it seems progress is being made) then 1PP should be fine.

Yeah, basically I found a way to stop Mac 1PP from being such a crashfest. However, after seeing how many (IMHO) superfluous changes 1PP makes, I ended up making a package for my own use with just the paper dolls I'd extracted. A properly-revised-for-OS X version of 1PP wouldn't / shouldn't require that much effort though - if you (Cam) are willing to look it over when I'm done, I could have it ready by next week or thereabouts.

Yes please. :mad:

(And I bet we probably want to add Mac OS install materials to the install order list, including Mac EasyTutu...)

cmorgan Edit: updated to Gorilym's new info in this post>

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...ost&p=68657

Past that everything looks platform-independent.

Notes:

Edited Baldurdash from [PPG] to [bD], I'm not aware of any BD-PPG connection.

Added caution to not install Fixpack on an EasyTutu-ed install.

Added mention of EasyTutu Hotfixes

It would be nice to have proper hyperlinks for all these entries. :)

I'm taking a look at a work up with all the right current links; what is [bD]? The ancient Baldurdash site? If so, do we have a secondary link just in case Mr. Dorner finally decides to let the site lapse (I am eternally grateful for his work, but I know from the Jagged Alliance/SirTech staff changes, company changes, etc. that things, people, and times all change...)

The slightly revised Mac setup, posted here as the board won't let me edit my old post:

Mac Tutu v4 "Core Install"

Baldurs Gate I full install using BG1TutuAssistant [loriel.quixjote.com], fully patched if no TOTSC [GraphSim]

Recommended: Tales of the Sword Coast, already patched [GraphSim]

Baldurs Gate II - SoA full install, fully patched if no ToB [MacPlay]

Recommended: Baldurs Gate II - ToB full install, fully patched [MacPlay]

(allowed: Baldurdash [www.baldurdash.org] of both installations OR

Baldurdash of BG1 [www.baldurdash.org] and BG2 FixPack [G3] of BG2)

Convert to Tutu v4 [PPG]

Tutufix [PPG]

all components except Do not install #11 // Remove Spells That Weren't In BG2

* Walking Speeds is ok, but Note: unanticipated side effects of this component: may be better at the end of the whole installation after Tweaks but before GUI

MacEasyTutu "Core Install"

Baldurs Gate I & Tales of the Sword Coast full install using BG1TutuAssistant [loriel.quixjote.com], already patched [GraphSim]

Baldurs Gate II - SoA full install, fully patched if no ToB [MacPlay]

Recommended: Baldurs Gate II - ToB full install, fully patched [MacPlay]

(redundant: Baldurdash [www.baldurdash.org] of both installations OR

Baldurdash of BG1 [www.baldurdash.org] - do not install BG2 FixPack [G3] on an EasyTutu-ed install)

Implement the contents of OSX TutuCore ToB or OSX TutuCore SoA, see MacEasyTutu Guide for details [MacEasyTutu]

Optional: Tutufix (latest version) [PPG]

* BG2 Ammo Stacks

* Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced

* BG1 Summoning Spells

* Hooded unarmoured avatars and hooded bards

* Walking Speeds Note: unanticipated side effects of this component: may be better at the end of the whole installation after Tweaks but before GUI, or not installed

Do not install #11 // Remove Spells That Weren't In BG2

OS X EasyTutu Degreenifier [uSOutpost31]

OS X EasyTutu Kits [uSOutpost31]

OS X EasyTutu Spawns [uSOutpost31]

OS X EasyTutu Hotfixes, if applicable [uSOutpost31]

Yes please. :)

Not to be a (pest), but... any idea if this might go forward? :) (/pest)

Allow me to add that G3 in particular is doing a fantastic job at keeping things as platform-neutral as practical, obviously with major kudos to Loriel, Gorilym et al.

Archived