Need to reselect spells everytime leave party?

Ithildur

Which version of the mod are you using? I've not encountered that issue, but then again I don't frequently remove characters from the party. Are spells wiped from memory or from the spellbook? I can see why the former might happen, if the engine applies the CLAB upon party joining rather than spawning.

I remember this happening to Finch in a Tutu game with DR v3 - spells being wiped from memory that is. After a battle had left the party in sore need of healing, I found to my surprise that she had no spells at all available for casting. The workaround: don't juggle clerics / druids in and out of the party. Though for all I know this may have been fixed by v4 or 5.

I believe this is a side effect of how we have to build spell books. The only way to impose sphere restrictions is to assign divine spells via their ability files. Unfortunately, ability files get re-applied when a party member re-joins (i.e. this is why you can use all of Yoshimo's traps, kick him out, have him re-join, and he has a full suite of traps to set again). I am surprised that it's wiping out memorized spells, though. I'll see if there's any chicanery we can pull to prevent this.

Which version of the mod are you using? I've not encountered that issue, but then again I don't frequently remove characters from the party. Are spells wiped from memory or from the spellbook? I can see why the former might happen, if the engine applies the CLAB upon party joining rather than spawning.

Spells are wiped from memory not the book. If this can be fixed that would be awesome.

I've also noticed sometimes the order that the spells were memorized get switched around (the biggest impact this would have is if you got level drained or if using Wonderous Recall), although i think this may have occured before DR was installed; may be some other mod...

Ok, hate to do this as I was enjoying the challenges and change of pace with this mod, but this is too much of a show stopper to continue playing with, at least until ToB maybe when I won't be swapping out npc's very often.

Especially with Jaheria's quests, she leaves the party twice, and comes back with almost all spells gone, right before a pretty big fight-not a good thing.

I'll be looking forward to when/if this gets fixed sometime.

Ok, hate to do this as I was enjoying the challenges and change of pace with this mod, but this is too much of a show stopper to continue playing with, at least until ToB maybe when I won't be swapping out npc's very often.

Especially with Jaheria's quests, she leaves the party twice, and comes back with almost all spells gone, right before a pretty big fight-not a good thing.

I'll be looking forward to when/if this gets fixed sometime.

btw I've been using version 4 until 5 came out, immediately switched to 5 after uninstalling 4.

With Jaheira's quests it is probably easy enough to add a casting of a modified Wonderous Recall to a script just after she rejoins the party.

Maybe something similar for the others as well? You'd need to prevent abuse; start a timer when they're kicked out. Only if they rejoin after a day has passed do they re-learn their spells.

Assuming Wonderous Recall works in this circumstance.

Really? That's surprising, I have gone to a lot a trouble to actually get that to happen before and Cam does it by accident. Typical.

So... any news or progress on this bug?

I had a quick look and I can't find any action or effect that will select spells for memorization. If there are no spells greyed-out and waiting to be memorized, then the relevent memorize effects won't work. The spells have to be selected manually.

I can think of a hacky way to deal with this, similar to my previous idea. I don't like it, but it is all I can think of. Whenever a NPC with priest spells joins the party their memorized spells a wiped out. So, grant them an extra one-time-only special ability to memorize all their spells. It should be set on a timer, to be removed after a (very) short period, or be removed after rest. Once a player has selected the spells they want, they can use it and go on their way. The timer should prevent too much abuse. Kick-out and rejoing abuse can be lessened by setting a second, longer, timer and not regranting the ability within a set period.

The big problem is that is screams "mod content."

I don't know whether it would make it better or worse to grant a similar ability to all spellcasters.

Archived