Drowified NPC Portraits

Caedwyr

Guest Child Of Murder

I had the same discussion over at Gamejag and in the end we agreed that it was either another undeveloped idea or perhaps Korgan had more than one designer, one of whom wrote the dialogues that intended him to duergar while the other was unaware of these plans or chose to ignore them.

As for elves and beards, while I can't find any specific mention of elven body hair (or lack thereof) in any sourcebook, in the Dragonlance saga Tanis Half-Elven says that he can pass as either elf or human due to his beard, which full elves cannot grow. Whether Dragonlance elves are the same as FR elves in 3E is a can of worms I'd rather not open.

Theres only one dialogue that refears to him coming from the underdark 'I left the underdark long ago', which could very while refear to some backstory of him having adventures in the underdark which was never developed, maybe trying to live among druegar b/c he had a more similar personality than most gold or shield dwarves. Otherwise the mentionshions of his kinship could refear to him simply considering all dwarves kin.

I suppose Nightmare's explination works better, except for the fact that i could of sworn when you get to the underdark he asks vic for knowladge of it or something, but i can't find it and my memory tends not to work well.

(glances at topic title) wait this is what its about...were way off topic

Guest Aristothenes

Bioware's made mucho mistakes, but think of the deadlines they have been up against...

Here's one good one: Gully dwarves in BG1. But you could always say they got there the same way the odd items from Planescape, Oerth, Mystara and Dark Sun arrived.

Archived