combat music question

pro5

I notice that when I play BG, during combat whenever I open and then close PC inventory screen current music track halts and starts playing again from beginning. This can get irritating in hard battles when you may have to use your inventory often. But in few selected areas - this doesn't happen, combat music continues without interruption when I close equip screen.

So my question is: why is this happening, and is it possible to make all areas play "continious" combat music.

Related to this, the battle music on my Mac TuTu install will continue to play after the battle is over. Even when the party has left combat stances, and there are no hostiles in sight, the music goes on and on until I switch to either the map, character info or (I think) inventory screen.

There's a TeamBG battle music "fix" out there, but I'm not sure that it relates to either of these problems. Does anyone know about it?

No, that has to do with looping. All the combat music playlists supplied with BG2 incorrectly specify the loop sequence, which causes combat songs to always loop to the very first track.

The behavior described is hard-coded. There's nothing you can do to improve it.

Related to this, the battle music on my Mac TuTu install will continue to play after the battle is over. Even when the party has left combat stances, and there are no hostiles in sight, the music goes on and on until I switch to either the map, character info or (I think) inventory screen.

There's a TeamBG battle music "fix" out there, but I'm not sure that it relates to either of these problems. Does anyone know about it?

I've also noticed that the behavior I described doesn't seem to occur in the Candlekeep prologue: it's a different set of tracks, and within five or ten seconds of combat ending, if the game is left unpaused, it segues to a coda and stops. Too bad it doesn't work like that in the rest of the game...

Archived