AMNTRP02.BCS and AMNTRP03.BCS

Wounded_Lion

A quick search using Near Infinity returns:

AMNTRP01.BCS

AR0300.ARE : The Docks : (Multiple Proximity Triggers)

AR0400.ARE : Slums : (Multiple Proximity Triggers)

AR0500.ARE : Bridge District : (Multiple Proximity Triggers)

AR0700.ARE : Waukeen's Promenade : (Multiple Proximity Triggers)

AMNTRP02.BCS

None

AMNTRP03.BCS

None

What are AMNTRP02.BCS and AMNTRP03.BCS used for (if anything)? If used, why do they appear unused? Are they 'junk' files? These scripts appear to be summon-the-guards-or-paladins-or-thieves-to-kill-evil-players traps but are not referenced by anything.

- D

Those are basically copies of the first one, so perhaps Bioware intended different traps but decided one was enough. There are quite a few unused files, so don't be too surprised at what you find. Note that if you use NI to scan for usage, it has a bug that will not see all usages in DLG triggers/actions. So if you do a reference scan that includes dialogs, don't believe what you see 100%. In that case I'd suggest using WeiDU. Or just use WeiDU to begin with.

Interesting that Alhelor is among the Noble Order guys who attack you if conditions are right. His name is recycled in NWN where Alhelor is the name of the "Black Wolf", the alpha werewolf in Port Llast.

Thank you, again, Smoketest. I use both NI and WeiDU (most often, I browse/reference in NI because I like its graphical interface). I was not aware of that bug - thank you. I gave this matter some thought and determined that the files in question might be those restored by the Restored Encounters (or whatever its called) component of Unfinished Business... which means I'll have to whip up some anti-UB code... more work... yay!

:)

- D

Archived