Screen Shot Gallery Now Open

Sparhawk

The original plan in TotSC was for the party to have to use the Belladonna to cure their lycanthropy, but they changed it to slaying the alpha pair--Selaad Gan (Mendas) and his wife Kaishas--relatively late in development. I've been told some of the original coding for this is still in BG1 (though disabled) but I've never checked. The hints for using Belladonna to cure the party's lycanthropy still exist in Dradeel's recipe book.

The leaves are Belladonna leaves, which is an item the main character got for her in the Tales of the Sword Coast supplement.

Heh, I'm thinking back on the time I got her those Belladonna flowers, I had Dynaheir cast cloudkill near the patch, to wipe out a pack of black bears. Since the cloud enveloped the patch, I wonder what kept them from incinerating? Also, Del must have been wondering what happened to my character's body.

Interesting screenshots, too.

Uriel

Incinerating?  Cloud Kill is poison, not fire.

Still not exactly good for the flowers, but belladonna is already poisonous.

It's acid, I think. Why do you think it can hurt you, even while you hold your breath? Technically it's poison, but it really sounds like acid to me. They're similar, I believe.

Incinerating?  Cloud Kill is poison, not fire.

Still not exactly good for the flowers, but belladonna is already poisonous.

It's acid, I think. Why do you think it can hurt you, even while you hold your breath?

Lots of particularly nasty toxins (like nerve gasses) can be absorbed through the skin. That's why chemical warfare suits are suits, not just respirators. :D

Interestingly, I thought that cloudkill was just general damage, since I'm pretty sure I had a PC with the Proof Against Poison Amulet take damage from one. :D

Cloud Kill goes through some kinds of poison immunity, but not others.  The Periapt of Proof against Poison doesn't work, but the Ring of Anti-Venom does, I believe.

(Oh dear, we're off-topic.  Can someone move this bit of thread to Noobermeet, perhaps?)

Cloud Kill goes through some kinds of poison immunity, but not others.  The Periapt of Proof against Poison doesn't work, but the Ring of Anti-Venom does, I believe.
Way to go Black Isle/Bioware! :D I can't remember a Ring of Anti-venom. I've probably just missed it.

Oh dear, we're off-topic.  Can someone move this bit of thread to Noobermeet, perhaps?
Errrm. Good point. The screenshots are fab. :D
Sheesh, stay on topic willya? We already had two idiots in a smiley war on another thread.

I was shocked and appalled when I read those threads! They were the most immature people I have ever seen in this forum!

<Grim tries to turn a blind eye to his signature...>

<Grim fails>

Teehee... Look at me jump around with my lightsaber!

Archived