An alternate way to Spellhold

khayman

Surely the Cowled ones know about Kangaxx, at least vaguely. As a good Cowled Enforcer, the PC could turn aside an adventuring band seeking to discover where he's buried, as an evil Enforcer, the PC could... encourage those adventurers to give up what they know. :rant:

I am trying to write an exposé that adds more trade to the city of traders. Another way to spellhold would include that you can simply buy your way to spellhold after a couple of runs you have to make for an organisation that is neither a vampire guild nor a throatcutters union.

The transition itself would be quite easy in the making since Saemon sells out to the best bidder anway. Pirates value money above everything else. There should be some quest to make up for the lost XP and some of the items.

As much as I like the idea of a third route I hate the Cowled Ones with all my heart and need to slughter them wheenver I see them. (I can barely contain myself under the eyes of the Council in the government district when talking to that shitbag Mr.T.).

That said the third way should make for an entirely different approach for those that find the other ways disturbing. There is a paladins approach to do this inthe future if Seifer pulls it off :rant:, but I can't see why there should not be as many ways to Spellhold as possible. Brynnlaw is the destination and that is a sprawling port.

Very cool idea. Extra ways into Spellhold would be good. I always wondered why you couldn't bribe a Cowled for the info and catch your own boat.

An interesting sub-plot to add to the quest could be a "failure" device. If you act badly among the Cowled Wizards, bungle the kidnapping, take bribes and get caught or otherwise screw up, the Cowled Wizards might send you along to the asylum as a kind of backwater posting punishment.

It could even be a goal of sorts if you hear about the possibilityit. Join the Cowled Wizards and buck the system until they post you to Amn's rear end.  :rant:

And, of course, the Director of the Asylum has been asking after you.....

The Cowled Wizard no longer control the situation as Teos says when you harass him for information, that is why I suggested the PC be sent to 'retreive' the Asylum from Irenicus and could be kinda blackmailed into it becsuse of Imoen. This could only happen if the PC gains stature in the Cowled Wizards though.

No more redemptions of Evil Peopleâ„¢, please.  Sarevok was bad enough--let's not blur the line even further.  :rant:

The majority of the Cowled Wizards are neutral, not evil.

BTW I just noticed that the leader of the Cowls in pnp, Khollynnus Paac, actually crops up during BG2. He's the one who sends the Solamnic Knights back to Krynn.

Heh, WTF:

MAGE16C - Khollynnus Paac - 16th level LE Female Elf Mage (Abjurationist)

MGKHOL01 - Khollynnus Paac - 17th level N Male Human Mage (Abjurationist)

Pnp doesn't appear to shed much light on the issue, as all I can find is his/her name and level (17).

MAGE16C - Khollynnus Paac - 16th level LE Female Elf Mage (Abjurationist)

That is the one from the last Cowled encounter. Either she or Zallanora cast Gate and then teleport away, if not killed fast enough. Apparently he/she is an indecicive cross-dresser. :rant:

I noticed that a while back and just thought that the cowled wizrds obviously have power so maybe employ a priest to ressurect her though that would be hard after what I did to her! I think it is a little odd that she is quite freindly with the PC though when she sends the knights back maybe this aught to be fixed in the MOD I and Khayman are beginning........

I wasn`t thinking of redeeming any Evil People , but to add the usual good and bad routes. Of course, the evil path will be more worked out than the usual vanilla BG2 style of Evil Paths and for this I have to thank to Userunfriendly`s excellent suggestions.

But I would also like to see a better-developed good path as well, without neglecting a somehow more neutral one; I know that it would be beneficial as well, at least from a roleplaying perspective.

I wasn`t thinking of redeeming any Evil People , but to add the usual good and bad routes. Of course, the evil path will be more worked out than the usual vanilla BG2 style of Evil Paths and for this I have to thank to Userunfriendly`s excellent suggestions.

But I would also like to see a better-developed good path as well, without neglecting a somehow more neutral one; I know that it would be beneficial as well, at least from a roleplaying perspective.

thanks!!!

besides, like icelus mentioned, too many goody two shoes redemption in the game already...

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=86.40

look tword the bottom...

something about a uber demi lich, some git called shoon who makes kangaxx look like a sissy...

so if you kill off the twisted rune, and take over the cowles, won't he get mad???

ahhh...a chance to take on a 36th level demilich...maybe with a bunch of ordinary demi lich friends???

wouldn't that be a fun battle...especially with a sorceror main pc...

an ambush, and they would start off casting dragon breaths and comets... :):O:rant::O:O

;)

Archived