Possible problem with Dynaheir romance

Guest Guest_roidesfoux_*

Guest Guest_roidesfoux_*

Several times in a row Dynaheir initated a dialogue with me, but it was the player-initated dialog. I'm thinking:

a) This is normal behavior, at some point the romance will continue (or this is seperate from the romance).

b) This is a bug with the romance.

c) This was brought on by installing "Allow Multiple Romances" in DG2 tweaks.

Does anyone have an idea? Especially an idea how to fix this, perhaps with editing variables?

-RdF

Oof. As a rule, the multi-romance component of Tweaks does not work very well with BG1 NPC project. Unlike the regular BioWare romances, the BG1 NPC project uses a lot of different variables to define the romance.

What you describe does not necessarily sound like that is what is going on, but I am at a loss to tell you what is.

Have you tried initiating PID with her? If so, what do you get then? The usual PID choices, or something else?

Just to rule out the obvious, did you do any of the following:

-Attempt to install a Tutu or BGT mod while the game, SK, or NI was open?

-Attempt to install two mods at the same time?

-Install a new version of BG1 NPC without first uninstalling the old one?

-Uninstall/reinstall mods repeatedly or in a different order?

Are you playing in multi-player mode on more than one computer whose mods are not installed in the same order?

Have you experienced any oddness before this?

If you are wondering, I have done each and every one of those things at one point or another.

Have you tried initiating PID with her? If so, what do you get then? The usual PID choices, or something else?

Just to rule out the obvious, did you do any of the following:

-Attempt to install a Tutu or BGT mod while the game, SK, or NI was open?

-Attempt to install two mods at the same time?

-Install a new version of BG1 NPC without first uninstalling the old one?

-Uninstall/reinstall mods repeatedly or in a different order?

Initiating PID with her gives the usual dialog.

I've done everything in the "optimal install order" given in the readme. Somewhat later, I uninstalled Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script. Other than that I haven't done anything on your list.

If the multi-romance part of Tweaks doesn't work well, is there some other workaround? I'd like to see as many of the romances as possible, but I doubt I have the patience to play through the game 6 different times.

-RdF

Most of the relationships don't go to the committed phase until around LT 17, so that should give you a bit of time.

If you're playing a male, you can really only romance Dynaheir and Branwen at the same time. Shar-Teel doesn't like the same things in men.

You could always have both in the party, romancing at the same time, then when things start getting serious, save the game. You could then play through with one, finish up, then do only about a third of the game with the other.

Not sure, but your installation might be hosed.

In order for you to be getting PIDs instead of Dynaheir-initiated flirts or lovetalks, something must have seriously gone wrong with Dynaheir's dialog files.

*Before* you do anything else, would you mind copying a couple of files from your override directory to another directory? If you do that, cmorgan or somebody else who is currently in possession of the collective brain cell can have a look at the files and see if there is something weird going on.

I'm going to post this just so you don't think I've abandoned you, but I'll be back in a minute with the files you should copy before you do anything else to your installation.

Thanks.

If you can, open up your BaldursGateTutu "override" folder, and copy the file labeled _DYNAHJ.DLG to another directory. De-compiling that will give a clue as to what's going on in your game.

I copied that file into another directory, along with _BRANWJ.dlg.

I've continued playing, and I've gotten a PID initiated by Bronwyn, a Dynaheir romance dialog, as well as a Bronwyn romance dialog (I can't remember if it was before or after the PID).

To whom should I send the files?

-RdF

I'd say you should send it to the email address in the documentation, but I know it has not yet been updated to the current version.

I'll send you a PM with my address, and if I can't figure it out, I'll forward it to someone who definitely can.

But just to clarify, when you say you got a PID, you do mean that either Branwen or Dynaheir initiated dialog with you, but instead of a random flirt, you got the regular PID choices, right?

But just to clarify, when you say you got a PID, you do mean that either Branwen or Dynaheir initiated dialog with you, but instead of a random flirt, you got the regular PID choices, right?

That's correct. From Branwen I've gotten several flirts and one PID; from Dynaheir several PIDs and no flirts.

-RdF

Send the files, then, and I'll have a peek. If nothing turns up there, I'll forward them. Just to be on the safe side, though, you might want to copy one of your saved games, too.

Edit: I did give send the email with a .com ending, right? If not, that's the one to use. I keep mixing the two addresses.

If the files were sent were really from your Tutu directory, your dialog files have been severely corrupted.

If you are curious what those two files contained:

Dynaheir's--Turnabout dialog and Xan for BG2 :)

Branwen's--more Turnabout, Anomen flirts (looks like Flirtpack stuff), and a whole lot of invalid string refs.

Frankly, I'm surprised you had anything come up that made sense.

Are you running a BGT game, by any chance, or perhaps Tutu v4?

Unfortunately, when a dialog file is in that bad shape, I think your best bet might be to start over with a clean installation. :)

I am sorry. I wish it were better news.

Guest Guest_Silk_*

Sounds like a BG1 Tutu conversion with BG2 + mods already installed.

That's where my initial "but Eldoth isn't there" comment came from (see the Coran thread).

I needed a clean install of BG1 and BG2 for Tutu to install, *then* I installed BG1 NPC. Once I'd found Eldoth, I went ahead and modded BG2.

Are you running a BGT game, by any chance, or perhaps Tutu v4?

Unfortunately, when a dialog file is in that bad shape, I think your best bet might be to start over with a clean installation. :)

I'm running Tutu v4 with fixpack v17.

When you say "start over", do you mean starting a new game after the re-install, or should my current save be ok?

-RdF

Safest thing to do in this case is uninstall everything and start from scratch. Check the new post (as of today) in General Mod Discussion about install order, and do not install the Multi-Romance tweaks from eithier Sabre's old mod or the updated BG2 Tweak Pack mod. While the multi-romance stuff sort of works for BioWare NPCs in BG2, it most definitely play havaoc with BG1 NPC romances.

If you get the same problem again, please stop right away, save a game, .zip or .rar it up along with the weidu.log, and send it to me at svowles at comcast dot net. I will take a look and see if I can tell you what the problem is :)

Archived