Valygar kick-out leads to a open cutscene?

jastey

I have Valygar in the party before entering the sphere (in the slums). Now, if I kick out Valygar, he will randomly walk away (I send him to his cabin), and just before he disappears, a cutscene starts, but nothing happens. The only weird thing happening is the beggar now moving around, looking like he is floating above the ground (no walking animation).

Looks really funny, but I have no idea what is going on. :)

I tried kicking out every NPC in the party, it only happens for Valygar and I could reproduce it every time. The game is unmodded and not fixed, game version is SoA+ToB German version, latest ToB European patch. It doesn't happen after the sphere quest.

I think I've found it. There's a proximity trigger in the Slums that causes Valygar to speak to the PC when they get near the sphere:

IF
IsOverMe("Valygar")
Global("ValygarSeesOrb","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("ValygarSeesOrb","GLOBAL",1)
	StartCutSceneMode()
	ActionOverride("Valygar",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))
END

If Valygar were to set this off while trying to EscapeArea(), it would lead to the hanging cutscene you're describing. Adding the usual dialogue triggers (IsValid, InParty, not sleeping) to the script should do it:

// Valygar leaving party in Slums can cause cutscene hang
COPY_EXISTING ~valyorb.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~IsOverMe("Valygar")~ 
  ~IsOverMe("Valygar") InParty("Valygar") IsValidForPartyDialogue("Valygar") !StateCheck("Valygar",STATE_SLEEPING)~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Archived