Finally *playing* this mod

Meira

OK, panic and unprofessional behavior over, and post deleted. My apologies. I should have trusted that while I might make a mistake like that, Macready would have never let it through.

Confirming: my "add the dreamfile" code is incorrect. It will not show up on an EasyTutu install, but will "mess up" a traditional install (not really, as there is no imoen dream file!), which is why my fix advice in the deleted post was *wrong*. A clean copy of PDIALOG.2DA has _IMOEN2 as the correct entry.

Sorry if you read this, Macready, I threw a tizzy fit because I thought I had broken EasyTutu. Clean Tutu v4 PDIALOG.2DA =

2DA V1.0
	POST_DIALOG_FILE	JOIN_DIALOG_FILE
MINSC					_MINSCP			 _MINSCJ
FALDORN				  _FALDOP			 _FALDOJ
JAHEIRA				  _JAHEIP			 _JAHEIJ
CORAN					_CORANP			 _CORANJ
DYNAHEIR				 _DYNAHP			 _DYNAHJ
XAN						_XANP			   _XANJ
YESLICK				  _YESLIP			 _YESLIJ
ELDOTH				   _ELDOTP			 _ELDOTJ
VICONIA				  _VICONP			 _VICONJ
SHARTEEL				 _SHARTP			 _SHARTJ
SKIE					  _SKIEP			  _SKIEJ
KIVAN					_KIVANP			 _KIVANJ
XZAR					  _XZARP			  _XZARJ
SAFANA				   _SAFANP			 _SAFANJ
QUAYLE				   _QUAYLP			 _QUAYLJ
KHALID				   _KHALIP			 _KHALIJ
TIAX					  _TIAXP			  _TIAXJ
EDWIN					_EDWINP			 _EDWINJ
AJANTIS				  _AJANTP			 _AJANTJ
KAGAIN				   _KAGAIP			 _KAGAIJ
MONTARON				 _MONTAP			 _MONTAJ
IMOEN					_IMOENP			 _IMOEN2
GARRICK				  _GARRIP			 _GARRIJ
BRANWEN				  _BRANWP			 _BRANWJ
ALORA					_ALORAP			 _ALORAJ

We are back to square one. Taking a deep breath, and working back through the possibilities again.

One fix to make;

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~^_IMOENJ\( +[^ ]+ +[^ ]+ +\)[^ ]+~ ~_IMOENJ\1_IMOEND~

tp2 line 164 should read

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~^_IMOEN2\( +[^ ]+ +[^ ]+ +\)[^ ]+~ ~_IMOEN2\1_IMOEND~

OK, something strange is definitely going on, but not what i thought at all.

I started a new game under Beta3, and had everything work fine on the first area getting Gorion's stuff, returning to Candlekeep, then reentering.

(Note: we need to shut down Imoen talking about the letter if you have already had the talk with Imoen over Gorion's body; need to change all these locals to globals and reference them, probably).

I had all Jfile talks work fine, but did not get the "are you ok?" talk at all.

I then went to FAI and to pick up J and K.

I killed Tarnesh, and... the "are you ok" talk fired.

OK, so it was held up in queue. No biggie, just force talk Imoen...

and we could not clear the dialogue. No PID. So this one did not set its variable.

Picked up Jaheira and Khalid. I ctrl-I ed through all the banters, and all of them worked (well, one regular Jaheira RandomNum banter had a NVROL but that is Jaheira/Khalid random number banter stuff that I think is pretty hidden; I will go search later). The problems above did not appear at all.

I will go back through the Imoen stuff again, as it seems like it is centered on her right now, but what would randomly stop a variable from being set? This did not happen at all on the playtest.

I've skimmed just about every .d file in BG1 NPC phase 1, and nothing is jumping out as odd.

Meira is not running with "All dialogs pause game", so it isn't that.

Banters happened normally in Chev7. I'm going to see if I can find a changelog for chev8. That's where the trouble started showing up. Chev 7 had some trouble on the BGT side, but the banters seemd all right for Tutu.

BTW: Imoen's diamond interjection fired just fine, even in Chev8.if that's any comfort. I do not think there is a problem with her interjections. Just her banters.

And confirmed by searching for "diamond." Imoen's interjection on finding the diamond is from _IMOEN2. All the other dialogs have failed at _BIMOEN.

Her interjection on finding Gorion's letter (on his corpse) also fired properly.

Going off to look for a changelog. Be back later.

Edit: cmorgan posted while I was searching. Typical.

Edit2: can't find a changelog for the internal versions. Was one kept?

@Macready: Nope - you did everything right. I am going to create a "pretty" version of the 2da for your distribution, as it actually is one created using BG1 NPC; your distribution of EasyTutu_ToB has the added dream script references and _bimoen entry in the INTERDIA.2DA created by the older installation of the BG1 NPC Project. I will set set it up all pretty and spaced correctly, since it is going out that way, and fix our code to stop adding an extra _BIMOEN. I am fixing some stuff tomorrow night, and will PM you a copy.

I thought I had somehow changed _IMOENJ to _IMOEN2, and it had crept into your distibution somehow; I should have remembered that you triple check stuff even more rigorously than I do.

@ Pro5 - good thought - M, any luck with trying this? I can't get this glitch to happen on my game. I have a JFile variables not setting problem, but not a fail at _BIMOEN. (I really hope you didn't read my half-baked post and edit the darned thing to match _IMOENJ; it wouldn't have related to _BIMOEN anyways, now that I have had 1. a meal, 2. a dog walk, 3. a drink and 4. a nice calming DVR of Heros :)).

Hello -

I thought I had somehow changed _IMOENJ to _IMOEN2, and it had crept into your distibution somehow; I should have remembered that you triple check stuff even more rigorously than I do.

Oh, OK. No worries there, then. Nothing gets in that wasn't done by the Tutu conversion, Tutufix bug fixes, or something I did intentionally. It's not so much a matter of checking as it is simple procedure -- the TutuCore packages from EasyTutu only come out of the vault for applying the latest batch of updates prior to release, and then they get repackaged and filed away again.

sorry to ask, but how soon can we see a fix for this? this is the only thing that is stoping me from carrying on and i would like to continue my game pretty soon..

@Guest (asking about ETA on fix) -

I have a few hours tonight to try to figure out what is going on; I can't give an ETA because we just do not know why this is happening. I am using WinDiff tonight and building changelogs for the BGT side, to see if anything I did touched the Tutu side at all. As berelinde pointed out to me, we didn't have this report in chevalier6 or 7 (the internal testing versions), so perhaps it is an easy fix, but until we figure out what is going on we can't adjust the code!

Let me know if I can help at all. While I don't really know the Tutu code, I know other scripting languages and, unfortunately, code comparison tools better than I'd like to. Also I'd be happy to change code in my existing or new saves and test variables, etc. I am in the same position where I just started a new game and don't want to progress it too far until we nail down what's going on here.

Archived