Garrick Romance

Guest Lysan Lurraxol

Guest Lysan Lurraxol

I know that there are loads of topics about new romances, and that you probably would rather drink cyanide than code another one, hear me out.

I'm a homosexual male, and while I love the six romances in BG NPC (especially Dynaheir), I would like to see a romance for a homosexual male PC.

I think Garrick would work best, simply because he's the most likely of all the males (Xzar wouldn't work, Edwin's definitely hetero).

Would you be interested in writing this, or letting someone write that kind of romance?

Lysan Lurraxol

(BioWare, Candlekeep, LiveJournal)

Basically, the answer will be the same as for any other NPC development suggestion on that stage - we're not going to develop any new content within BG1NPC mod, but if anyone wants to develop content as a separate mod, s/he can always contact the Czar/ina of the particular NPC - if they are available- to suggest cooperatiopn and assure the logical compatibility of the content with the BG1 material. In this case, the NPC's Czar is Andyr :) In Garrick's case, he has crashes on at least two females - Safana (where he gets an idea that he's being used) and Skie (which is very sweet).

From me personally I'd say that writing a romance by 'elimination' of candidates might not be the most successful method. I think that the romances that 'write themselves', ie feel very obvious and flow easily, are the best. The example of a romance that never went ahead because it just did not work was Xzar's.

Guest Lysan Lurraxol

I did notice the flirt things with Safana and Skie, I thought he could be bisexual, but as it is, I'm going to be busy with the development of the NWN Mod Ex Tempus Scientia. I might come back to a Garrick Romance though.

I really couldn't see a male romance with Edwin, especially after reading Laufey's In The Cards.

Kivan, Coran, Khalid, Minsc, Xan, Ajantis and Eldoth are definitely hetero, and I don't think there'd be much interest in a Tiax, Montaron, Kagain, Yeslick or Quayle romance.

Thanks.

You could always come up with a new NPC entirely, but if you don't already know how, you'd probably have to learn to code, and it is a tremendous time commitment (6-16 hours a day, 6-7 days a week for a month and counting for me).

But yes, I could see where having a homosexual romance option for either gender would be nice. I'm a hetero female, and I've always had a lot of trouble play-testing as a male pc. It winds up feeling a bit forced. I've heard hetero male players say the same thing about play-testing a female pc. I don't see how a homosexual player playing a hetero romance with a pc of either gender would seem less forced.

Lysan, there may not be any more content changes/additions to BG1 NPC, but I know of at least two new NPC projects; When you get finished up with NWN, there are plenty of folks around here who will gladly help you get an NPC set up, or even make it possible to put a change in Garrick alongside BG1 NPC (just not as part of it) in a way that makes sense. I think good storytelling is what everyone is after, and romances make for interesting conflicts and character development!

Archived