3 second delay in SCS?

Miloch

Sory to report to late.......

Anyway, i'm using v4 and the 3sec delay isn't ocurring anymore, but lags still ocurring with the smarter components(i think is my system, i have a P2 at 350 Mhz) so i have to play with those comps unistalled. ???

Sorry, I'm confused: if the 3-sec delay isn't occurring, what lags are occurring?

I know about two sorts of SCS lag:

- a one-off lag of a second or two when you enter an area or load a savegame (which basically I can't do anything about, and which I don't really mind living with);

- a constant lag every 3 seconds in combat with wizards (which is a major pain and which I've tried to minimize, but which possibly will still happen on a 350-Mz computer)

Sory to report to late.......

Anyway, i'm using v4 and the 3sec delay isn't ocurring anymore, but lags still ocurring with the smarter components(i think is my system, i have a P2 at 350 Mhz) so i have to play with those comps unistalled. ???

Sorry, I'm confused: if the 3-sec delay isn't occurring, what lags are occurring?

I know about two sorts of SCS lag:

- a one-off lag of a second or two when you enter an area or load a savegame (which basically I can't do anything about, and which I don't really mind living with);

- a constant lag every 3 seconds in combat with wizards (which is a major pain and which I've tried to minimize, but which possibly will still happen on a 350-Mz computer)

Yes, those two above and when i battle with many enemies.

I think cosma_sebastian meant the lag doesn't occur without Smarter Mages installed.

Also that first lag when entering an area is more like half a minute or more on my 700Mhz computer, as I reported above. A second or two, or even 5 or 10, wouldn't be much of a problem, as you say.

This might seem a bit hackish, but how about a Dumber Mages component? Well, it'd probably have a different name but basically be a Smarter Mages on quaaludes, with only some of the higher impact enhancements, so that slower computers have the option of running it. So when installing, you could choose between Smarter Mages and Really Smarter Mages (or not installing it at all).

Archived