my monk can't equip priest scroll of healing

Guest John

"A sorcerer's prime requisites are INTELLIGENCE and CHARISMA."

I don't have BG2 installed to check, but I think Azuredge is non-enchanted when fighting the living (it's just a worthless axe until you go to pick some bones). But I could have it confused with some other item. Check the original description (if this is the one that just says 1d6 and then 1d6 + 4 bonus vs. undead, then yeah, this is it). (I think this may have been one of the items where Extremist smacked KD for his retarded "fixes" and I said, "Raise the roof!")

OK, let's close this out. Sorcerers description now mentions charisma, carried by the total of 1 vote to 0.

Azuredge does 1d6 normally, and an extra 4 damage against undead. Undead also have to save against death at a -4 penalty or be destroyed. This is far more consistent with the original description of the axe:

Combat Ability: 1-6 +4 extra damage to undead, plus they must make a saving throw vs. death (-4 penalty) or be utterly destroyed

Damage: 1D6

Damage type (melee): slashing

Damage type (thrown): missile (piercing)

The (updated) GTU should, hopefully, clarify this a bit:

Azuredge Axe +3

Gulen Rockfire, Slayer of Undead, crafted this powerful throwing axe expressly for reinforcing his claim to his namesake. Blessed by a cross-section of gods, this weapon does phenomenal damage against creatures unwisely rebelling against their deceased status, and can potentially destroy them in a single blow. Obviously Gulen no longer carries Azuredge, and it is rumored that he died fighting a powerful vampire years ago, only to rise as one himself. This may have softened his stance regarding the undead, at the very least prompting a change of name.

STATISTICS

Always considered to be of +3 enchantment when determining what it can hit.

Damage: 1D6, +4 additional damage against undead

Special: Undead must make a saving throw vs. death at a -4 penalty or be utterly destroyed

Damage type (melee): slashing

Damage type (thrown): missile (piercing)

Special: Returns to user's hand once thrown

Weight: 2

Speed Factor: 1

Proficiency Type: Axe

Type: 1-handed

Requires: 4 Strength

Not Usable By:

Any Neutral or Evil Character

Cleric

Mage

Thief

Monk