need help with amber

Guest Guest

I started a romance with amber and I got to the point where she thanks you for the attempted rescue from the slavers. Problem is none of the answers I give seem to move the romance forward, they all end with the "let's be friends" kinda thing. And every time I ask how she's doing afterward, I get the "we should concentrate on finding irenicus" message. Is this how it's supposed to go? I should also mention that I used shadowkeeper to raise my int from 10 to 13 so I could meet the prereq's for the romance, I'm pretty sure I did that before I included her in my party though. And I'm currently on chapter 2 right now. Is there some way to fix this, like maybe editing some of the variables or such?

Once you begin (or load) the game with Amber installed the script will check the romance match immediately, before she's even in the party. So, if you raised your PC's intelligence after loading a save with Amber installed you'll head to the friendship path.

The good news is that there indeed is a friendship path she's not just saying that she wants be your friend. The friendship talks will begin when you exit the Underdark. That is, by the way, a subject that I would like to hear feedback of. Is the friendship path too long to take place entirely after Underdark? Or should the friendship talks start, like lovetalks, right after you've finished the 'casual'talk path? So if you decide to continue the friendship path I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. :)

Once you begin (or load) the game with Amber installed the script will check the romance match immediately, before she's even in the party. So, if you raised your PC's intelligence after loading a save with Amber installed you'll head to the friendship path.

The good news is that there indeed is a friendship path she's not just saying that she wants be your friend. The friendship talks will begin when you exit the Underdark. That is, by the way, a subject that I would like to hear feedback of. Is the friendship path too long to take place entirely after Underdark? Or should the friendship talks start, like lovetalks, right after you've finished the 'casual'talk path? So if you decide to continue the friendship path I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. :)

So does this mean that you can't raise the pc's int at all throught the game without killing the romance? :)

So does this mean that you can't raise the pc's int at all throught the game without killing the romance? :)

No, it only means that if your PC is not smart enough to begin with, you cannot artificially raise him to meet Amber's requirements and enable the romance. It might be an issue to someone who legitimately uses a tome (or a Wish) to become more intelligent before meeting Amber, but those cases should be rare (unless you take Amber on board at the very end of the game, which would not leave you time to get to the romance part anyway).

So no, the romance does not get killed if you raise your intelligence. It just doesn't get started if your character was not intelligent/charismatic enough when you began the game.

Guys, I know you're trying to prohibit cheating, but from Amber's prespective she had never laid her eyes on PC. Do you think it will be possible to run the PC's qualities checking out script when Amber first sees him?

When Amber first sees the PC, she is supposed to initiate the joining dialogue immediately. AmberMatch variable is needed in the first dialogue, and more importantly, if Amber like is not set when she joins she will leave immediately (which is what happened to the player whose baldur.bcs was jammed). I'm little worried that if I leave the variable setting to the last minute (ie. when Amber first sees you) the occasional IE lag in the variable setting might cause problems. :)

Maybe, but I'm still a littlie fuzzy on the subject of exactly when a sub-area (such as the prison is to the government district) script is running. The fatal bug in the v 2.2 was caused partly by the fact that the AR1000 script is still running when player1 is still in the prison area. (Or at least InActiveAread(Player1) returned true from ar1000's script.) I'm not sure if this works other way around (ie. does ar1005's script run when the party is in ar1000), though.

Since AR1005 isn't in MASTAREA.2DA, I'm pretty sure that AR1005.bcs will only run when a party member is in the area

Btw, checking PC's INT in the middle of the game may be not such a good idea (INT can be raised temporarily)

Now what does the intelligence have to do with the Romance? What if your intelligence is raised by say a helm or other item like that will this affect the romance?

DragonMaster

Amber is attracted to wittiness and intelligence, but not to the Edwin kind of self imposed and arrogant intelligence. That's why decent charisma is needed too. The stat requirements are there mainly because of the player2 romance. I wanted to allow the Protagonist to be a male without Amber going after him by default.

If the intelligence stat is raised *after* the romance checks are made (right after you first load the game after installing Amber), it doesn't affect the main romance track in any way. Although, there are some flirts with intelligence checks.

Archived