Performance issue with eScript pack

Guest Entropius

Guest Entropius

After not having played BG2 in ages, I reinstalled the game and downloaded, among other things, the eScript party AI scripts.

They seem intelligent enough, but I'm having severe stuttering issues with any of them except the PureF script. It seems like my system should be able to handle this (Athlon 64 3400+, 1280 MB RAM).

Your webpage mentions that I also need the bpdetectstat package to use the eSeries, but it won't install with the error (from SETUP-BPDETECTSTAT.DEBUG)

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[./override/STAF15.ITM] loaded, 1146 bytes

ERROR: [sTAF15.ITM] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub"))

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [big Picture Detectable Stats, v1.2 (WeiDU)], rolling back to previous state

Could this performance issue be related to this install error? How can I correct this?

Thanks!

In order to get BP Detectable stats to install, you'll need to edit the .tp2 yourself with a text editor: if you're feeling adventurous, instructions on what need to be changed are in this thread.

Wow, fast reply!

I'm new to Infinity modding, so maybe I did something wrong, but...

I edited SETUP-BPDETECTSTAT.tp2 and inserted the two lines in the above link, and then ran the installation executable again; it dies in the same place with the same error.

Is that the right thing to do?

Ought to have been, yes.

An easier solution would be to type /* at the begining of and */ at the end of that whole mess, which will stop that block of code from running. The only ill effect you'll experience would be these two items not detecting correctly for scripting purposes - everything else should work fine.

If you're still getting slowdown after that (and reinstalling eseries) then you'll know at least what isn't causing the problem.

Ought to have been, yes.

An easier solution would be to type /* at the begining of and */ at the end of that whole mess, which will stop that block of code from running. The only ill effect you'll experience would be these two items not detecting correctly for scripting purposes - everything else should work fine.

If you're still getting slowdown after that (and reinstalling eseries) then you'll know at least what isn't causing the problem.

Ah, the old programmer's adage: When it doubt, comment it out. :)

Archived