Typo in German translation found

Roana

Hello,

please replace in the German setup.tra of Fixpack Beta 4 this block:

@141 = ~Symbol der Furcht (Herbeirufung/Beschwörung)

Grad: 7

Reichweite: 30 m

Wirkungsdauer: Speziell

Zeitaufwand: 1 Runde

Wirkungsbereich: Speziell

Rettungswurf: Ja

Mit Hilfe dieses mächtigen Zaubers kann der Priester ein Symbol auf den Erdboden oder eine beliebige andere Oberfläche zeichnen. Das Symbol bleibt an diesem Ort bis sich jemand nähert. Dann entlädt sich seine magische Energie explosionsartig. Jeder im Wirkungsbereich muss einen Rettungswurf -4 gegen Zauber bestehen, oder er wird für 2 Runden + 2 Runden je 3 Stufen des Priesters von Furcht betroffen.~

with this:

@141 = ~Symbol der Furcht (Herbeirufung/Beschwörung)

Reichweite: 30 m

Wirkungsdauer: Speziell

Zeitaufwand: 1 Runde

Wirkungsbereich: Speziell

Rettungswurf: Ja

Mit Hilfe dieses mächtigen Zaubers kann der Priester ein Symbol auf den Erdboden oder eine beliebige andere Oberfläche zeichnen. Das Symbol bleibt an diesem Ort bis sich jemand nähert. Dann entlädt sich seine magische Energie explosionsartig. Jeder im Wirkungsbereich muss einen Rettungswurf -4 gegen Zauber bestehen, oder er wird für 2 Runden + 1 Runde je 3 Stufen des Priesters von Furcht betroffen.~

Otherwise your fix will cause no changing in German games :)

Thanks in advance

Roana

English version of the GTU has the same error @14320 (shouldn't matter, but still...)

Should probably change "Wirkungsbereich: Speziell" to an actual radius (though I've no I idea if the German version would conventionally list 30m here or some other transliteration of 30')

Does BG2 auf Deutsch skip the sphere listing for every divine spell, or just some of them?

Thank you :)

Hello,

well, you should not try to be too exactly or too perfect in those PC-games ;)

If you try to convert it exacty from P&P it should be for the priest spell Symbol:

here especially: Despair (not Fear) (there can be chosen two other forms too with this Spell)

Reichweite (range to cast it on an _object_ - NOT Living Actor): Berührung (touch or 1)

Wirkungsdauer (duration): 3W4 Phasen (turns) + 1 Phase/Stufe (+ 1 turn/level)

Zeitaufwand (casting time): 3

Wirkungsbereich (range it takes effect, if a living actor see the symbol): 18 m (1 m = 3' or 1' = 0,3 m so it would be 18x3-(3x0,1)= 53,7'

Rettungswurf (Save): no save

But with this form from P&P you can nothing do in a PC-game. You cannot use it to save a door or a roomentry from enemys, cannot cast it on a table near enemys, that stands directly by you, during a fight, etc. - it would be just senseless...

The other two forms have other values, wo in the general Spell in the P&P Handbook is written "speziell", as the special description of every Symbol, the priest can chose (these are: Harm, Charm and Despair) is standing in in the description of the whole spell.

You see, for a PC-game only a good, but not a perfect conversion of the P&P Ruleplaying Spells and rules has sense. Especially, if you keep in mind, that the only sense of P&P ruleplaying is: to have fun! (written and explained in the handbooks on the first sides :) Not to mention, that NO rule is unchangeable by the gamemaster in a P&P-group (oh, yeah - my group comes tomorrow and I am the devil mad gamemaster... :)))

I very am satisfied with the solution, Bioware has taken here, so don't worry :)

And: BG1 and BG2 have a very good translation in German. I don't want to spend my time to correct 30 m in 18 m (although I am in general a perfectionist - means, what I do to the game have to work exactly as I want - or I don't do it), as you can use almost all ranged spells on sightrange anyway. So... there are other bugs much more important :)

Leave it as it is, as players, who don't know P&P would not recognize this as an error, and all other players will hopefully know my explanation here already ;)

Regards

Roana

Archived