"rules" bug to fix

geethreeuser

For the 'BG2_tweaks' component:

"

Wear Multiple Protection Items

This component allows players to wear more than one "X of Protection" item at a time. Players have their choice of two different implementations (from Ease of Use and G3/Tutu Tweaks respectively):

* No restrictions. Players can wear as many items togather as they wish.

* P&P Style: In Pen and Paper AD&D, characters are allowed to wear magical armor with Rings/Cloaks/Amulets of Protection, but only the armor class bonus from one item would apply. This component gives every ring/cloak/amulet of protection the ability to be worn with or without its Armor Class bonus. With the AC bonus, the items retain their usual restrictions from being worn with other protection items or magic armor. Without their AC bonus, they can be worn together. This allows players to gain the benefits of the saving throw bonuses from the items of protection.

"

Apparently the above tweak does not tweak item

"_PLAT06",

description: "Ankheg Plate Mail +2"; "This plate mail has been expertly crafted for you by Taerom Fuiruim of Beregost. Sheathed in ....[snip]"

Stats for the OTHER ankheg plate i.e. "PLAT06", are good to go, as that item CAN be worn with multiples.

Please update next version, thanks

BTW, the above was for an easytutu install...

Forgot to add---also in easytutu, I wanted to put the "add bags of holding" component in, so as to have a scroll case in my high hedge store, and running the BGtweaks installer from the BG2SOA install dir was not making it happen, so in typical "git r dun" I fashion I tried running the BGtweaks from the BGtutu install dir.

It worked.

I dunno if I am supposed to just know to do this, or not, but I got the impression from teh readme that BGtweaks run from the BG2SOA install dir would be inclusive of easytutu as well???

Anyhow, if that is right, then please update this one too, thanks.

BTW, the above was for an easytutu install...

Forgot to add---also in easytutu, I wanted to put the "add bags of holding" component in, so as to have a scroll case in my high hedge store, and running the BGtweaks installer from the BG2SOA install dir was not making it happen, so in typical "git r dun" I fashion I tried running the BGtweaks from the BGtutu install dir.

It worked.

I dunno if I am supposed to just know to do this, or not, but I got the impression from teh readme that BGtweaks run from the BG2SOA install dir would be inclusive of easytutu as well???

Anyhow, if that is right, then please update this one too, thanks.

If you're using EasyTutu then any Tutu-compatible mod that tells you to install in your BG2 directory, you actually install it to your EasyTutu directory. Because EasyTutu is fairly new, the documentation/installation instructions for a number of mods haven't been updated yet.

Does this apply across the board to all mods that span BG2/TOB?

That is, for a given BG2 mod to apply to easy tutu AND soa/tob, it has to be installed in BOTH the BG2SOA dir, as well as the easytutu dir?

Yes, if you want to use it for both games. It has to be compatible with both Tutu and BG2 (like BG2 Tweaks is) to install in both.

Archived