Chaotic Commands and hold magic

I notice that Chaotic Commands blocks Hold magic. Do we think this is correct? - it's not in the spell description, and for balance reasons it seems to make the spell a bit overpowered; on the other hand I don't really see how it could have got into the spell by mistake from a developer-intent viewpoint.

I notice that Chaotic Commands blocks Hold magic. Do we think this is correct? - it's not in the spell description, and for balance reasons it seems to make the spell a bit overpowered; on the other hand I don't really see how it could have got into the spell by mistake from a developer-intent viewpoint.

It's there to block Mind Flayer psionic attacks. (Yeah, they coulda done it with specific spell immunities, but gooooooooo Bioware.)

It's there to block Mind Flayer psionic attacks. (Yeah, they coulda done it with specific spell immunities, but gooooooooo Bioware.)

... which seems to be a good response to my developer-intent qualm, and suggests it's probably a bug?

(Easy for me to say, I don't have to fix it!)

... which seems to be a good response to my developer-intent qualm, and suggests it's probably a bug?

(Easy for me to say, I don't have to fix it!)

Changing it isn't terribly hard, it's just that if the developers wanted to protect against mind flayers attacks with a generic hold immunity (rather than specific spell immunities) I'm not sure it should be changed. It's also be possible they wanted hold immunity added to the spell.

I'm more inclined to change the spell description.

Archived