ToSC/ToB Tutu question

berelinde

A couple questions about modding for both kinds of installations.

1) BAMs for 2 items use ToB BAMs. Is it possible to introduce the BAMs to an installation that does not include ToB? Is this accomplised using some sort of BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES so that it will not mess up an installation that *does* include ToB? Or should I just scrap the idea and use one that is in SoA?

2) Interjections with ToSC NPCs - do I have to separate them from a straight BG installation, even if I do not include ToSC area references? Never mind. I think I've answered that question. They make calls on ToSC dialog files that do not exist in a game without it. So, separating the ToSC NPCs, it is.

3) Anything else I should be aware of?

2) Interjections with ToSC NPCs - do I have to separate them from a straight BG installation, even if I do not include ToSC area references? Never mind. I think I've answered that question. They make calls on ToSC dialog files that do not exist in a game without it. So, separating the ToSC NPCs, it is.

If you're interested in a neat way to do it you can use IF_FILE_EXISTS in your interjections

e.g.

INTERJECT BOB IF_FILE_EXISTS 0 myvar
== JEEVES IF ~InParty("Jeeves")~ THEN ~(Jeeves pours Bob a cup of tea.)~
EXIT

If you try and compile that code and BOB.dlg does not exists WeiDU will ignore the code, otherwise it'll interject into state 0 in BOB.dlg in the usual way. Similarly you can do EXTERN BOB IF_FILE_EXISTS and APPEND BOB IF_FILE_EXISTS.

:) Wow! That is so cool! Thanks! :)

That makes life so much easier, and I'm a happy camper.

Just for giggles, that works for I_C_T and I_C_T2, right? Since just about every state in BG1 NPC sets some kind of variable or involves some kind of action (or at least it seems that way), most interjections are actually I_C_T2 to avoid stomping on variables set by another mod.

Is there an equivalent I can use in the tp2 for the BAMs?

Archived