Comments on Screenshots Teasers

NiGHTMARE

I'm shooting for prickly-teasingly-mocking rather than street-tough rude (that's Nord). If "-ette" suffix (in paladinette) does not associate for English speakers with female gender and it does not sound as awkward as paladinling, I'd take that. I sort of preffer it to be one word.

Paladinette sounds feminine to my ear, but that in itself might be endearingly mocking. Kind of like a person walking into a room of mixed gender and saying "Hello, ladies."

Paladinling doesn't roll off the tongue, but it's hard to imagine anything that would, with the word "paladin" in it.

The "-ette" suffix in english is admittedly ambiguous, in that it sometimes forms decidedly feminine nouns and sometimes plain diminutives - bachelorette contra cigarette etc. Since paladinette is a neologism anyway, the important thing IMHO is whether or not it fits into the context.

Well, paldinette it is then, and the huge half-orc barbarians can complain to Salomeya! Actually, now that I think about it, it actually may have an extra funny connotation to it if it is directed toward a male character. So, win-win. :)

Hmm, how a about "Paladiling", by just dropping the 'n' I don't think it sounds clumsy at all. Paladinette would be infuriating to a male PC. Most men just don't tolerate feminine nicknames at all (at least in my experience).

Berelinde said it, Paladin's pup sounds pretty good. Although, some variety would be neat, just one slightly insulting nickname would get bland after a while.

The archons interjection to that piece, sounds a little out of character... it's basically a near-mindless boatman (if memory serves, at least).

And you mispelled Luskan in the first screenshot (I'm a born spell checker :)).

heh, yeah, it's got corrected in the first proof-read. Most of the screenies I took before we edited (I do a test-run, then put the files up for PR), and we'll be doing a second proofread, once we go into TRA, so hopefully we'll catch more thinggies :)

The archons interjection to that piece, sounds a little out of character... it's basically a near-mindless boatman (if memory serves, at least).

That's why he repeats his phrase exactly just changing what he observes. The line sandwiched between his two lines belongs to the romanced character; his name is blacked out.

First of all, this looks like it will be a great mod. I really like IWD2 and was disappointed when the pre-made parties had no interaction.

Anyway, Salomeya's portrait reminds me strongly of Sharwyn, so I looked for another possible one to use and found this.

I think it's ok to use, and I just wondered what you thought. By no means do you have to change it, though. :p

Hi Alinia, it is a nice portrait, and luckily IWD2 is very user-friendly when it comes to changing portraits/soundsets etc to suit the player's individual tatse.

The set of portraits I have now is the one I am going to keep as 'official' for two simple reasons: they come from the same source and they are Bio's official stuff (apart from Rizdaer, but there is no helping it) .

I would hold off though on intergrating the portraits into Epilogue screens, so it does not clash with people's games where they used different portraits. :p

Edit: The avatar I have now is the first portrait I tried for Salomeya, it's Amok's.

And it is beautiful:) Your new avatar, I mean. I like it a lot more than the previous;)

And, to not be so offtopic here, I like 'paladinette' the most - it would be good 'insult' for our half-orc maiden -- since Sali seems to just LOVE her in those random banters you provided us with... ^^'

The set of portraits I have now is the one I am going to keep as 'official' for two simple reasons: they come from the same source and they are Bio's official stuff

That makes sense. :p I can't see your new avatar yet . . . is it an ASoIaF picture?

Anyway, back OT. I really like the originality of the NPC's (ie, no elf maiden romance) and how they all have personality. Are you giving the PC more background as well?

Archived