Comments on Screenshots Teasers

NiGHTMARE

Yeah, that's true. However, I was always intrigued by the sword with your name on it. I know that some people are really into their own original characters, though, and it would be difficult to create backgrounds for every race, class, and alignment.

There is a small bit of background added for the PC. It is there to give NPCs a little of a toe hold on talking about PC's previous life/experiences. But it does not affect PC's personality etc.

It goes into PC's Journal:

The firstborn child of Sir Roedric the Fierce, you have been raised in a doting household in the Pirate-run border town of Luskan. Perhaps, too doting, because in the past year your spirited nature manifested itself and you engaged in activities that were brought to your father's attention. Sir Roedric had commanded you to his study. There he handed over a purse of gold, a blessing and a letter to his old fighting comrade, Sir Nord, who was about to set out on a journey to the Ten Towns in the Icewind Dale. "The North," your Sire had said, "will sort you out."

"Or kill you," your mother finished, weeping. But her tears did not stop your father, and you were sent on your way before the week was out, much to the dismay of your gentle sisters and envy of your two younger brothers.

That makes sense. I can't see your new avatar yet . . . is it an ASoIaF picture?

Yes, a recolor of one of the early versions of Val portrait. But the alterations are too heavy to be able to use it for anything but personal game + wrong style.

Anyway, back OT. I really like the originality of the NPC's (ie, no elf maiden romance) and how they all have personality.

Thank you. I love my elves very much, but no, no fair maidens. Apart from my PCs :p

*Ahem* this may be coming a bit late, but I was reading through this forum...

And thinking why not just go with the good old paladin-born? I mean, depending on the context it can be an insult, a blunt observation, or just a comment. It applies to either sex, it seems to fit.

It is similar to the afore mentioned 'paladin-spawn', but not quite so confrontational.

Aaaaanyway. I'll head back into my box, and good luck with this Domi! Big fan of your work.

Heya, don't worry, I already went through the mod, and replaced paladinling in every case with something which was appropriate for the situation :)

And thanks!

Which reminds me that in the next test run, I'll need to ask everyone to take screenshots, so we can start building a real gallery , instead of quick unedited teasers!

Guest Guest_Borsook_*

Hi I must say the mod, from the peeks published so far, looks great. I just have tiny doubts about the parentage of the protagonist, i.e. first child of a paladin. Are there going to be any "explanation dialogs" that do take into account the character's race? I mainly mean things like the protagonist being e.g. a drow. Anyway hats off to Domi for excellent work.

There is one detailed dialogue with Rizdaer if the character is a drow in Chapter 4 iirc that gives PC options to go into family history and some three or four explanations, plus vague refusal to discuss it. Other than that, yes, a Duergar paladin is a rare thing, but possible under more flexible 3Ed rules. At any rate, I think there are two categories of players - those who love something unusual like that, and those who hate it. For those who'd hate something like that, well, a traditional PC is very much a possibility.

Guest Guest_Borsook_*

Sounds good to me. Nothing wrong in a more original concept, as long as the game world (here NPCs) do notice it is something unusual. Hope the initial release will come soon :)

Archived