Question about Experience Point and BP Level-50 Ruleset

Guest Guest_leonardo Watson_*

Guest Guest_leonardo Watson_*

By installing Refinements after BP-Weidu in the mega-install as recommended, it overrides the 50th level experience ruleset with it's 41st level ruleset.

The BG2 Tweak Pack allows to Remove completely the Experience Point Cap. Does this mean, that this component now corrects the ruleset again without erebusant's workaround?

Guest leonard
By installing Refinements after BP-Weidu in the mega-install as recommended, it overrides the 50th level experience ruleset with it's 41st level ruleset.

The BG2 Tweak Pack allows to Remove completely the Experience Point Cap. Does this mean, that this component now corrects the ruleset again without erebusant's workaround?

One week is gone without any answer. Didn't you understand the question or don't you know any answer?

This is erebusant's workaround:

The way to work around the Refinements 41st level limitation is to copy the 50th level rule set XPLEVEL.2DA from the TuTu_Tweaks\XP and overwrite the Refinements\Hlab\_shared\copy\XPLEVEL.2DA.

You will also need to edit the Refinements\Hlab\_shared\copy\XPCAP.2DA to take advantage of the 50th level rule set. Open XPCAP.2DA with notepad, or WordPad and at the upper left corner you will see something like:

2DA V1.0

You will need to adjust the 2950000 part of it. To know what you need to adjust the number to, open the XPLEVEL.2DA and find the Class that has the highest XP level when the character gets to level 50. Then multiply that number by the number of character classes you are running and adjust the number to a level that your advancement in all classes won’t be cut off.

For Example, I’m running a Fighter_Mage_Thief. The XP needed for my thief to attain 50th level is 24,200,000. In my case I multiply that out by 3 and I set my XP cutoff point to 75000000.

You'll still need to use Erubusant's workaround. IIRC BG2 Tweaks checks to see if the level 50 rules are in place with some sort of mega-ultra-deluxe-interactive-.tp2 patching-voodoo. If levels are capped at 40 (41) when you are installing the components, tweaks won't change that. If the cap is level 50 (51) Tweaks won't change that, either. BG2 tweaks is kinda like big brother. You don't need to tell it what your ruleset is. It already knows.

You'll still need to use Erubusant's workaround. IIRC BG2 Tweaks checks to see if the level 50 rules are in place with some sort of mega-ultra-deluxe-interactive-.tp2 patching-voodoo. If levels are capped at 40 (41) when you are installing the components, tweaks won't change that. If the cap is level 50 (51) Tweaks won't change that, either. BG2 tweaks is kinda like big brother. You don't need to tell it what your ruleset is. It already knows.

Almost. If the tables only go to level 40, Tweaks extends them out to 50. If they already go to 50, Tweaks leaves them alone. Tweaks extends the files via an algorithm, so BP's level 50 ruleset will probably do a better job as they address every value individually. On the flipside, Tweaks also addresses any mod kits which may be present, something which BP does not.

I put this on my to-do list to investogate (as I wanted to verify what changes BP level-50 made first) and then completely forgot.

His question isn't about the individual class tables, but about XPLEVEL.2DA. Refinements always sets the maximum level to 40 in XPLEVEL.2DA and "erubusant's workaround" is to simply overwrite refinements' XPLEVEL.2DA with the level 50 version prior to installing the mod so the user will still benefit from the level 50 ruleset.

Archived