Bug in the Fixpack?

Hello,

Hmmmm... I really don't want to blame you... hm... but... :) well, I guess this is really not, what you wanted to do in your Fixpack

relatet to the genshy.bcs:

from Documentation:

Critters Should Love Elves, Druids, and Rangers

Some creatures, such as pheasants and deer, run away from the party. However, they're not supposed to run away from elves, druids, or rangers. Unfortunately, the script was only having them stay if all three conditions are true, i.e. if the character was an elf, druid, and ranger--which is impossible. The script now checks for one of those three conditions to be true.

Right.

The original script from my biff says:

IF

See([GOODCUTOFF])

OR(3)

!Race(LastSeenBy(Myself),ELF) // if LastSeen is either no elf

!Class(LastSeenBy(Myself),DRUID_ALL) // or LastSeen is no Druid

!Class(LastSeenBy(Myself),RANGER_ALL) // or LastSeen is no Ranger

THEN

RESPONSE #100

RunAwayFrom(LastSeenBy(Myself),100) // then flee

END

your fix says:

// animals shold not run away from druids, elves, and rangers

COPY_EXISTING ~genshy.bcs~ ~override~

DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~OR(3)~ ~~

COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

which will result in:

IF

See([GOODCUTOFF])

!Race(LastSeenBy(Myself),ELF) // if LastSeen is no elf

!Class(LastSeenBy(Myself),DRUID_ALL) // and LastSeen is no Druid

!Class(LastSeenBy(Myself),RANGER_ALL) // and LastSeen is no Ranger

THEN

RESPONSE #100

RunAwayFrom(LastSeenBy(Myself),100) // then flee

END

But the last script with your fix would prevent animals from staying with my Mainchar: a female fighter-mage, elf... - and she loves animals :)

So I will not implement this fix in my game :)

Please correct this for other players, who loves the animals in the game :).

Regards

Roana

Note: I don't want to open a new Topic for everything, I don't understand, or think, it is/can be a bug in the fixpack. It don't have to be a bug, if I am just silly or (as seen in my previous post), only have no comment found, that guides to other fixes, that are bundelt with that one, I am reading. So I will use this thread, if I will found something else, I don't understand or just think, its a bug ;)

But the last script with your fix would prevent animals from staying with my Mainchar: a female fighter-mage, elf... - and she loves animals :)

You're saying your protagonist is an elf which means the !Race(LastSeenBy(Myself),ELF) condition isn't true and therefore the creature won't run away. Where's the problem?

Besides it's not the issue if your character loves animals, but if the animals love her.

I don't understand what you're saying. The script is broken - it's impossible that all three of those conditions will be false (since there is no ranger-druid multi-class), so the animals will *always* RunAwayFrom() (this is the original behavior). We simply correct the logic so that it does what it's supposed to.

I don' see how it would prevent them from staying if your mainchar is an elf.

The original script makes animals flee if any of the 3 conditions are true. In other words, you MUST have at least one elf, druid and ranger in your party to keep them from fleeing.

Fixpack removes OR(3) so animals would flee only if all 3 conditions are true. In other words, only if you don't have any elves, rangers and druids in your party.

The original script dictates that animals flee unless the closest character is an elven druid-ranger. This is not possible. It's changed so that animals flee unless the closest character is either an elf, druid, or ranger. I believe all three are possible.

I don' see how it would prevent them from staying if your mainchar is an elf.

The original script makes animals flee if any of the 3 conditions are true. In other words, you MUST have at least one elf, druid and ranger in your party to keep them from fleeing.

Fixpack removes OR(3) so animals would flee only if all 3 conditions are true. In other words, only if you don't have any elves, rangers and druids in your party.

Hello,

your explanation makes it clear for me. Now I know, where I have thought false :)

Thanks ;)

Regards

Roana

Archived