NWN 2 has arrived...

Andyr

I finally found one more annoyance! Wizards get their spells at leveling up, just like Sorcerers. While they are still able to scribe the scrolls, they cannot do it till they reach the level sufficient to scribe this scroll. As am trying to become an Arcane Archer, so am mostly ranger, am running around with an inventory full of scrolls. Thinking to sell them to the Nine Hells and play my wizard like an INT-based Sorcerer.

The rest is still splendid! There is this map of the ruined castle, and I got there at the sunset. Awsome, awsome view!

Found another irritant: I can't find the way to designate the party leader/spokeperson. It is unpleasent in two regards: during the battle, once you take control of one of the NPCs, all other tend to run towards him or her instead of keeping up with their tasks. And skills such a s diplomacy/bluff/intimidation have to be assigned to your PC, since other chars do cannot keep the dialogue with the joinable NPC going.

On the up side, the crank works, I currently have all 5 NPCs available in my party. Needless to say it's now 4 girls and a dwarf.

Found another irritant: I can't find the way to designate the party leader/spokeperson. It is unpleasent in two regards: during the battle, once you take control of one of the NPCs, all other tend to run towards him or her instead of keeping up with their tasks. And skills such a s diplomacy/bluff/intimidation have to be assigned to your PC, since other chars do cannot keep the dialogue with the joinable NPC going.

On the up side, the crank works, I currently have all 5 NPCs available in my party. Needless to say it's now 4 girls and a dwarf.

Domi,

Yep, your PC is it for yakking with other folks. And whoever you have selected is the party leader. If you happen to go talk to someone with with someone other than your PC selected, it will force switch the party leader with your PC to do the talking. Very unfortunate design decision on the part of Obsidian ;)

One thing that irritates me is buying a sellling. Specifically I don't like the fact that with some merchants, if you try to sell something from a party memebers inventory, the store will close when you select someone other than your PC.

And :D I re-installed the game for a third time and I finally got my new party just about back to where I was when I started having crashes in my previous games and sure enough, I got one of the dreaded signs that my game had become corrupted. If you happen to go to save and there are no other save games listed in the save window, BAD THINGS MAN, BAD THINGS ;)

I was really starting to get back into the game after my frustrations over save game corruption episodes 1 & 2. I think NWN2 is going back on the shelf until the save game corruption problem is resolved.

So far I had been very fortunate in that I have not a single slow-down or crash or anything like that. The game runs smoothly on my machine, and was capable to handle 5 party members + 2 summoned animal companions without any visible impedance to the performance.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed so that trend continues, and I am also hoping that your problems with the corruption will get resolved!

Well apparently it was a momentary fluke because I started up the game the next day and was able to play and save as normal.

I did get one hang-up real late at night, which screwed up the resolution on my desktop until a I restarted. It was time for bed anyway.

Now I want to see if I can manage two modding things.

1) Change Sand into a generalist Mage. I don't understand the Transmuter love of Obsidian has. Sand is a transmuter, Aimee was a transmuter, and I'm guessing Tarmas is also a transmuter.

I've looked in Sand's UTC file (co_sand.utc). I monkeyed around with it some using TlkEditR.

Transmuter is listed as 8 in the spellschool.2da and I can only find two INT 8's in the file. One for ClassLevel and one for CreatureRating.

Changing the CLassLevel to 0 and sticking the .utc file in the override causes Sand to joint the party one level higher than the members of my party which in turn casues everyone in my party to level up when Sand joins.

2) Change Qara's head. I think I'd be able to stand her a little bit better if she looked better. Damn I'm shallow. Oh well, it is one of those things about the game that really annoys and I might have the power to change it, so might as well if it improves my enjoyment of the game.

So if you've got any tips on how to change either of those, I'm all eyes.

Thanks,

P.S. I've dropped Even's AI (can be found at Neverwintervault) in favor of Tony K's AI (available under the General Discussion Forum at the Bioware/Obsidian NWN2 boards..search for Tony K or AI in the subject).

It is still in a Beta? format and has a few glitches, but once you get used to them, they are varrrrrrry niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Well, my modding excurse so far was looking up the Cheat Code for arrows and learning how to browse dialogues. Am trying not to get sidetracked into modding NWN2 for the time beong ;)

Archived