Slums Slaves, Hendaks compamions

Hello,

while fixing my game based on TP2, I have recognized a few more errors as the fixpack is fixing yet. Here is, what I have fixed and how :) :

// the slavekids in ar0406 should't be there. They are of the same kind, as the kids in ar0405 and also have the same dialogue file (which gives XP); so I move them

girl1.cre:

assigned a new script SLAVKIDG.BCS to OVERRIDE:

IF

OnCreation()

Global("SlaveKidsMove","LOCALS",0)

AreaCheck("AR0406")

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("SlaveKidsMove","LOCALS",1)

ChangeAIScript("INITDLGC",CLASS)

ChangeAIScript("WTRUNSGT",DEFAULT)

MoveBetweenAreas("AR0405",[1940.655],1)

END

boy3.cre:

assigned a new script SLAVKIDB.BCS to OVERRIDE:

IF

OnCreation()

Global("SlaveKidsMove","LOCALS",0)

AreaCheck("AR0406")

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("SlaveKidsMove","LOCALS",1)

ChangeAIScript("INITDLG",CLASS)

ChangeAIScript("WTRUNSGT",DEFAULT)

MoveBetweenAreas("AR0405",[1120.1120],10)

END

// the gladiator in Hendaks cell have a false DV and a missing script:

glad2.cre:

change DV from "gpshout" to "glad2"

change script Override "GPSHOUT.BCS"

change script Class "glad2782.BCS"

added the changes from Fixpack

appended to glad2782.BCS the Fixpack glad2782.baf

// copied glad2.cre to two new gladiators

new creature: glad3.cre:

changed DV from "glad2" to "glad3"

new creature: glad4.cre

changed DV from "glad2" to "glad4"

// created the two new gladiators in the now empty cells from the leaved kids:

// resaon: glad2 have a dialog too, with also banters with Keldorn and Mazzy (other is random), but you cannot speak with him, cause he is too far from the door; I want this dialog to be reachable and the now empty cells filled:

AR0406.BCS:

extended TOP:

IF

OnCreation()

Global("SpawnGladiators","AR0406",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

CreateCreature("glad3",[2440.330],1) // Gladiator

CreateCreature("glad4",[2990.710],1) // Gladiator

SetGlobal("SpawnGladiators","AR0406",1)

END

Any suggestions? Or have I made faults in this?

Comments will be appreciated :)

Regards

Roana

We fix the issue where the gladiator in Hendak's cell remains forever, but I don't see anything else here we need to change.

Hello,

well, at least, the glad2.cre needs really an additional fix, cause with his poor script he cannot act, as he should. He only can fight with Hendak in group (if you attack Hendak), if he has "grpshout" as script (as Hendak has) and not with a DV that says so. You can see, that this was intended, if you take a look of the Specifics in both creatures: they have both the same and are supposed, to fight in a group.

As for the dialog: I only have remembered the time, I have spend, only to make Cams wish true, that this Delon can speak his _one_ line, if you have accepted his quest and were not in UH. So never mind... - I only have thought, you want to get such dialogs accessible, as I want them.

Additional: the two girls in that area are not supposed, to be there: Why should Bioware put kids in this area with the same dialogfile, as the other kids in ar0405 have, and will give XP with this dialog - and then give them a script (glad2.bcs), that makes them DestroySelf() immidiatly after you have freed Hendak? You will miss the XP, if you don't free the kids first.

I see always, that you are fixing XP exploids - well, this is the same thing vice versa - you can miss XP, if you free Hendak first, and I don't think, that this is inteded by Bioware :)

But never mind - I will fix my game in my way, and don't want you to force to do anything, you don't want to do :)

Regards

Roana

The script change already causes the gladiator to turn hostile when appropriate.

There's no evidence that BioWare intended anything other than to have the children accessible from both locations (likely they decided it looked sparse and just stuck the kids there). I agree that it's not a signal of perfection, but I don't see it as something we should alter.

Archived